Vir Samples

Discussion in 'General' started by Pavel, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Pavel

Pavel Well-Known Member

Hey folks, the racing was fantastic and Roo and I had a great time capturing it. We've got a lot of shots ... but it may take a while as I caught the flu out there ... somewhere in turn three .... so I slept most of the day instead of getting the shots on line. Sorry, but I will put some effort into it tomorrow if I can.

Anyhow, I thought I'd put up some random pix - to show what a great event it was!

Thanks as usual to Evelyn, Mongo and all the corner workers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

:up: nice Pavel,

will you and Roo be at Roebling for the National or leaving that to Vickie?

BTW tell the old-fart in the next to last shot that bark-busters are for the woods. :Poke: (hey scott):D

3. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

YYAAAAAYYYYY THATS MY BOSS RIGHT THERE!!!!

yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

[​IMG]

4. gsxr400 racer

gsxr400 racer IMPORT

more more :up:

5. Pavel

Pavel Well-Known Member

Wrenn ... yup, off to Roebling - If I can shake this flu.

Snikwad... your boss seems like a fun dude.

[​IMG]

6. dsjr

dsjr Well-Known Member

nice pix

7. snikwad

Yeah most times he is.. hahha, i might get in trouble for saying that tho. lol.

8. Chip

Chip Registered

This just looks weird...

[​IMG]

9. snikwad

^ how does that work, do these guys just take regular dirt bikes and put road tires on wm and roll? or are these some special type dual purpose bikes?

10. Pavel

Pavel Well-Known Member

Chip ... I know what you mean! That pose the bike gives him (or is it just scott :)) .... well, doesn't it make him look like a intergalactic star trooper (on the hunt for wayward women :D) from the 27th century?

11. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Great shots! Let me know when you slow down / feel better and I'll shoot you my bike # and see if you get anything.

12. Roo-

Roo- If Dogs Could Purr...

them Super Motos look like BIG Mosquitos buzzing around, or a Praying Mantis - arms and legs outward. I LUV the way they look - absolutely cool for starters. But i have no sensible taste in mechanical things anyway...:D

13. gixxerlvr

gixxerlvr Shoot, Move, Communicate

D you a fool!!! I will see you at work.

14. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Typically the bikes start out as dirt bikes adn are modified (by owners or by the OEM) to have less suspension travel, 17" wheels, etc. to prepare for Motard duty.

15. gixxerlvr

gixxerlvr Shoot, Move, Communicate

Nice pics Pavel.

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

FYI, most are not shortening the suspension travel anymore, going full length works best.

17. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Interesting...didn't know that. Out of curiosity, why is that? It seems like all of that travel would be a bother on pavement...is it to allow the full function of the suspenders in teh dirt sections? If so, if you build a WERA-specific (no dirt) Motard, would you still shorten it up?

18. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Balance it by moving the forks up?

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

clearance. you still drag pegs with full length suspension. besides, when you pass SV's and Duc's thru the kink by jumping the rumble strips, you dont have any worries about bottoming shit out. :D

20. snikwad

hahha, im busted. :crackup: