1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Derek and Erics SRX 600 Racebike for Sale

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 954vDerek, Feb 22, 2007.

1. 954vDerek

954vDerek Active Member

Hi, Everybody-I haven't been on the board for a while,been working alot and trying to pay bills! Unfortunately I must sell the Killer SRX that Eric Mercer and I have been having a blast on for the past few years. The bike is a proven Winner, having carried me to two Mid-Atlantic Championships in 2004- V5 and V6LWT, Third in AHRMA Supermono at Daytona,2006,and many Race wins in V4, V5, V6LW,and Clubman between myself and Eric Mercer.The Bike is super reliable, handles like a Dream,and is meticulously maintained. It weighs about 275lb. and makes 60+ H.P.. Motor has been freshened and has the best of everything-Carillo rod, Wiseco 13.5 to 1, Stainless valves, Fully Ported and Polished,Megacycle X-4 cam,F.B.G. Undercut Transmission,Barker Exhaust,Keihin CR's,+more. The chassis has been Optimized by Computrack w/ Modified Tripleclamps for 23.5 Degree rake and 15 degrees droop on swingarm.Also has Works Performance shocks and Race-kitted fork, 17" mags,Race compound brake pads w/S.S. lines.Also included are F.and R. Race Stands,Parts Motor w/Ported Head,Starter Rollers, and Extra tires. Iam asking $3500 for everything. If interested, Please call Derek K. at:(540)384 7768 Also I may be able to deliver bike to anywhere between VA and FL in Early March. My email is [email protected] but phone is more reliable.

2. RD350

RD350 Member

Hi,

I am very interested in the SRX. If it is still for sale please send me some pictures.

Thanks

Larry

[email protected]
    203-829-1231

3. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

derek- sorry to see that bike go without being able to buy it myself- I love that thing:up: Hope to see you at the track this year.

#156 Well-Known Member

Say it aint so derek !

5. 954vDerek

954vDerek Active Member

Hi Buff and Tim,Miss seeing you guys!!

Hi, Buff and Tim, Thanks for the shout out, Sorry to say, but the ol' SRX has gotta go-too damn many bills right now! This is not to say that a totally different project isn't in the works (think LARGE MULTI CYLINDER 2 STROKE) I hope to see y'all soon, with or without bike! Are you doing a full WERA schedule this year? I will be at VIR alot and possibly Summit if y'all are coming. BTW-please say a thing or two about the Capability/Reliability/Winningability of the SRX as you know it for any prospective buyers-I would sure appreciate it !!!:bow: :beer:

6. 954vDerek

954vDerek Active Member

Hey, Wayne- Didn't mean to call you Tim!!

Hey Wayne-I used to Dragrace w/ a guy named Tim Shelton -Temporarily got Fudged up there. BTW- Way to go on your last Season and Championship!!!:beer:

#156 Well-Known Member

Thanks derek. I was hoping to mix it up with you this year. Sorry to hear you have to sell the srx. I will be at vir in two weeks but don't really know for sure how many races i'll run. Good to hear from ya and hope to see ya at the track.:beer:

8. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

Wow, Derek got the specs pretty close...just a couple of addenda: The piston is actually a 97mm JE (NOT Wiseco) for 620cc. Carbs are CR37s. The wheels are F: 17 X 3.0" FZR400; R: 17 X 4.5" CBR F1. Suncoast 1/5 turn throttle.

9. Chris Mann

Chris Mann Well-Known Member

How have you two been? I can ride it if you want to sponsor me!:crackup: Are you going to be at VIR in a couple weeks? If so we need to catch up. I should be there but will not be racing.:down:

Chris

10. 954vDerek

954vDerek Active Member

Hey, Chris, Great to hear from You! I may be at VIR-Unfortunately,just to Crew and Check it out- Unless the SRX doesn't sell ( I'm afraid it will though,Soon, Lots of calls on it.) If I can go I'll be sure to find ya. That will probably be Eric's first WERA race this year and we'll be jammin' for a good start!! Derek K.