1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone sign up for WSBK TV?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Dung Beetle, Feb 23, 2007.

1. If so, is it as good as moto gp web broadcast? Also what time will the Quatar races be in Eastern time?

2. Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell Hoping to pass tech

I haven't signed up yet but their website says there are no "live" streams to North America only video on demand.

That leads me to believe that you can't watch it live but can watch it after the fact when they post it.

Hopefully someone who signed up will post and tell how superpole was broadcast.

3. Thanks Jim. Anyone else with additional insight?

4. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

You could always just spend the $4 to try it for one weekend :D

(I'm actually thinking about doing that to see how long it takes them to post the races for "on-demand")

- Roach

5. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

I just dumped DirectTV and am thinking about trying the internet broadcast. Good idea on just spending the 4 and see how it works. I am only recieving at 2mbps. I wonder how that will effect the download?

6. Jesse

Jesse Active Member

I signed up to get this weekends wsbk race at http://www.worldsbk.tv b/c speed channel wasnt gonna air the race until tuesday and cant watch then. I only signed up for one race (as opposed to the full season) b/c I wanted to see how things went and I only had to spend
    $4.

I just got started watching qualifying and was hoping to watch superpole tonight and am disappointed that there is no commentary, no lap time info displayed - basically nothing but watching bikes go around. Its cool to watch world class racers, but the drama is knowing how much time is left and what riders are turning as far as time, IMO.

Has anyone else signed up for this? Am i doing something wrong? Am I missing seeing something that everybody else is seeing? I love hearing the engines and seeing the sights but w/o context it doesnt seem to be worth it.

Thx.

7. Bob E.

Bob E. _________________________

I watched the highlight videos and noticed that too.

The video does seem amateurish after watching the MotoGP series last year. No on board video, most of the commentary they do have is kind of garbled and more like background noise.

I was hoping that the format would be different after subscribing. Thanks for the report.

8. Bob E.

Bob E. _________________________

Actually I take my last comment back. If you select Highlights, then click on the track names that appear on the left, new video segments are presented. Choices like Magny-Cours and Brno have really good commentary with running order and laps remaining. There has to be a way to get it on the current races.

BTW. Go to Highlights for Phillip Island Superbike race 2 (the second video down). Corser loses it, gets hit by another rider then dives off of the track.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  9. Jesse

Jesse Active Member

OK, Bob. I see what you are talking about. I can get the old stuff (with commentary etc) by doing what you say.

But I cant seem to get this weekend beyond what I mentioned before. Mebbe it has not been made available yet.

Anybody who has subscribed having this trouble?

10. I have had the same trouble. All I have been able to watch was the highlights of race 2 from Quatar.

11. Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell Hoping to pass tech

Well, if you were hoping to pay your hard earned money to watch the races over the weekend and not have to wait for Tuesday on Speed you can forget it.

http://insider.speedtv.com/viewtopic.php?t=141627

Basically the WSBK web people are saying they can't show the full race video until after 21:00hours GMT on Tuesday after the races. I believe that's 3:00pm CST.

:down: :down: :down:

12. So not only did speed not show the races over the weekend, but they blocked us from seeing them at all until after their shitty tuesday afternoon showing. What assholes. I already sent them one complaint. Looks like I will have to send another now. Im glad motogp.com doesnt put up with that bs.

13. Jesse

Jesse Active Member

Yeah, I got the same email from wsbk.tv this afternoon.

14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I was wondering this too. I paid for the whole season so I guess Im screwed :down:

15. Moto.

Moto. Le' Moto

i watched practice in Qatar, rider interviews, pre race...post race, race 1, race 2, PR bits, etc - all just a couple hours after the race.

start to stop, commercial free.

PM me for further details :up: