1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High power air rifles

Discussion in 'General' started by GStar, Feb 23, 2007.

1. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

Looking for some recommendations from the all knowing wera bbs on high velocity air rifles. Primary use will be to murder squirrels on, around, or near my property...for now (I do have plans for global squirrel extinction). Right now I use the ol’ ten pump special from Wal-mart which rarely penetrates under 25ft. and anything over that forget about it.

Oh yea and for all you PETA types, I didn’t ask for this war they brought it to me (started living, eating, pissing and sh*ting in my ceilings).

GStar

Oh yea and I need a V7 bike cheap if any has one.

2. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

You might want to try those trap cages and bait, I have had good luck with those. Although then you have to murder them at close range before throwing them in the trash can, and they look all cute and fuzzy...

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

the RWS's seem to be more inexpensive yet pretty good quality of the "adult air rifles" from people i've talked to. one of these days i'm going to buy one, when i have spare money and time to shoot it. :rolleyes:

4. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

well I use a wal-mart special/ axe combination now, so i'm pretty de-sensitized already. But even before that, the cute and fuzzy effect wore of after the first "water" stains started to appear through the ceiling.

I've explored the trap idea, and decided that it's more fun to drink beer and shoot at things than it is to drink beer and stare at an empty trap (not to be confused with tramp) :beer:

5. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

should do a BANG UP JOB! dabump ching!

6. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

should I be leaning toward .177 or .22 cal. ?

7. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

.22 with a scope

8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Get E=MC2 to build you something exotic.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So while we're on the subject I'm looking for a good scope for my 10/22. I like BSA just because of the bike connection and the price point is I don't want to spend more than $100 since that's what the gun cost new :)

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

a BSA air rifle scope? i think air rifle scopes are built a little different that reg rifle scopes. they need to take recoil backwards i believe.

i'm a Leupold guy, but that would be way too spendy. you want fixed or vriable?

i have a 4x Bushnell sprotview on my leveraction that is just fine and not spendy. alot of the cheaper scope are not real clear.

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

the 22 is going to have a lower velocity, but hit harder. either will be fine.

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Is there a reason you have to use an air rifle, as opposed to a small shotgun or .22?

13. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  14. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

yea, i live in a city :(

15. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

WARNING!

Warning, Orvis!

You can not afford to click on the above link!

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Gotcha. I use a Daisy model 131 air rifle with a cheapo 4x scope. .177, ~800 fps and with game pellets and a head shot it's pretty much a done deal at close range.

18. Jefe

Jefe Wannabe

Sounds like you need a ghetto silencer. Tape a 2 liter bottle around the barrel.

Check out the Gamo line of air rifles. Nice toys for a decent price.

19. rydfree

rydfree Well-Known Member

So I assume you were living there before any squirrels ? :Poke:

20. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs