1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

team waltrip accused of cheating in nascar

Discussion in 'General' started by DangerZone, Feb 14, 2007.

1. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

im sure toyota is real pleased with this controversy. first year in nascar cup stuff for the brand and an owner/driver's crew chief is fined and suspended, sent home for an apparent illegal substance found in the engine. they claim it was oil. my question has always been why they dont suspend the whole team? you cheat or try to, you are out. why is the crew chief the only guy with his head on the chopping block. i guess they can take points away from the owner and stuff but man why would anyone even try something like that?
    the season hasnt even officially started yet. :rolleyes:

2. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

Look I know Toyotas are great cars but they still need oil to run properly.

3. attackpainter

attackpainter Well-Known Member

trashcar sucks who cares

4. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Then don't reply, smartguy... :rolleyes:

Back to the subject - I don't understand all of the in & outs of what happened. What I heard was that NASCAR found oil and fuel in the airbox, but I never heard anything else until the suspensions today.

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Not the way that NASCAR operates.
    The VP of Operations at NHIS told me of the two golden rules at NASCAR:

1.) What the spectator sees happening on the track is what happens.

2.) No team will ever profit from cheating.

In a nutshell, if Jeff Gordon crosses the finish line first, he won the race. Period. If they find out he was cheating, they'll fine the living crap out of the team, but the results will stand. If his share of the purse was $25,000, they'll fine him $25,000 plus a set punitive amount. If he won $1,000,000, then the fine is $1,000,000 plus the punitive amount.
    NASCAR won't boot a team off the track altogether, that takes away from the show. But they'll make them think twice before they try the same stunt again.

7. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

everybody cheats in nascar--it's sort of built into the system---heck, there's probably not ONE stock toyota part in the vehicle anyway.....and it was always like that--in the early days the tuners who had built bootleg cars had the advantage. an excellent book about the history of nascar tuning is called "cheater"

8. 418

418 Expert #59

You think?

9. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

They did just recall over 500k trucks for faulty drive axles. I don't get the huge infatuation with Toy..never did!

I would like to see the competition obliterate them the next several years when they stop cheating...the team that is!:up:

I don't like neckcar racing...but Waltrip bros I did until they sold out!

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

NASCAR is fixed.

They're picking on Toyota to keep them from winning Daytona. NASCAR will have Junior win Daytona this year is my bet and Toyota wouldn't play ball.

11. gixxermike99

gixxermike99 Baba Booey

The rule book is full of grey areas.

You think Mladdin and Spies arent exploiting the grey areas of AMA SBK?

12. B. Myers

B. Myers Well-Known Member

Exactly!!! pushing the envelope...looking for that extra edge...

at the pressures and the behind the scene's things that is not often known to the public...you can't blame them.

Those jobs paying that $$ aren't easy to come by....you don't perform, that sponsor moeny won't be there next year...or if it is, you may not be...

13. Lawn Dart

No... the gray area was made legal in the middle of last year. :D

14. Lawn Dart

I'll be we could confirm this theory with Ducnut if we get enough booze in him... Actually, he'll booze himself, we just have to be there before he passes out. :D

15. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

NASCAR is in about the same category as "WWF" wrestling

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

"You cheat and cheat until you get caught out and then you cheat some more, you've really got to play on that edge." - Welsh international rugby player Brent Cockbain

17. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

just can't get caught using Italian oil.

18. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I love Nascar with all of my body, including my pee pee.

19. Hard Corps

Hard Corps Well-Known Member

I don't know why I clicked that but that is funny as hell. You are a retard for finding it tho.

20. Lawn Dart

When's Hyundai gettin' into NASCAR - they gonna race the Sonata? :D