1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fasteners??

Discussion in 'Tech' started by kerrycorcoran, Feb 7, 2007.

1. kerrycorcoran

kerrycorcoran Well-Known Member

I am sure I am going to get rakked over the coals for asking this, but how is everyone connecting their race body kits to the bikes? I have an 05 600 GSXR I built to learn to race on. I have a GP Composite body kit (used from tge guys at D2Cycles) and not sure how to attach it to the body.

Any insight?
    Thanks,
    Kerry

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Most of the time stock fasteners work with attaching bodywork to the bike but to connect the two pieces, the upper and lower, most use Dzus fasteners. If you are having a hard time connecting the bodywork to your bike you can get some stock 1" wide aluminum from Lowes or Home Depot cut it to size and make angle brakets to attach it. You will find lots of professional race teams will do this. It especially helps when you are trying to get the bodywork away for a hot pipe. Good luck :up:

3. kerrycorcoran

Thanks!
    Where can I get these Dzus things?

4. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Any race shop should have them or are usually out of them :D I remember somebody selling them on Ebay awhile ago. www.1888fastlap.com or 1-888-FastLap which is Marietta Motorsports or Lockhart-Phillips usually has them. http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/ If you order from LP try and get the ones that are like panex (sp?) fsatener type.

5. cujo

cujo Well-Known Member

I have Dzus Fastners in stock Give me a call if you need them , You will need to get 2 sets . 19 dollars per set for the Dzus slip on d rings.
    Sree

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

If you are a supported LP racer (all you have to do is call them to get on it) I think you can get them from LP for $12 or something like that. Give them a call at 18002217291 x243 and talk to Gavin I think his name is. $19 is full retail for them.

7. kerrycorcoran

What do you mean call them to get on it? You mean I can be a supported LP racer by calling them and then I'll get a discount on their product? Please tell me how!

Again, appreciate all the insight. I just got into racing and this will be my first season. Actually, I went to a track day to watch a buddy (last fall) and immediately starting buying parts to build a race bike :D Can't wait!

8. Blue Dude

Blue Dude Well-Known Member

wasn't there a guy on here selling them for a good price last yr?

9. cujo

cujo Well-Known Member

I was including shipping too, I doubt he is a sponsored racer if he building a bike to learn on

10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Yeah LP will sponsor first year racers too. Its a good start on this motorcycle thing and they give great discounts. Do you have any kind of program like that Cujo? Just curious. If so where do I sign up. Nice website BTW. :up:
    Kerry, call that number I gave you or goto www.teamprivateer.com to find out. I do not work for LP, in fact I am an active duty Marine and can barely afford to race. I would also call 1888fatlap and send them a copy of your license. Great guys over there.

11. kerrycorcoran

Guys,

Appreciate all the information...almost too much.

I think maybe I need to start from the ground up. I was planning on taking my bike to a track day a few times, getting a feel for the bike then taking a class - a buddy of mine took this class (approx. $350) and then he could ride more than just open track days?

Anyway, maybe I need to learn more before I move on this. Is there a single thread that helps a new guy know what to do so he go about this proper way?

Again, appreciate all the help.
    Thanks,
    Kerry

PS - If you guys want to see my race build hit my site, www.skurz.com and click the GSXR 600 link.

12. cujo

cujo Well-Known Member

It's pretty easy to get on the LP program. Hey Gixxerblade I give discounts to all WERA members. Tell you what Kerry, call me up and I will ship you these for free consider it a sponsorship.OH yeah and we give military discounts also

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  13. kerrycorcoran

Holy Shit! Are you serious? Should I call now?

14. Blue Dude

Blue Dude Well-Known Member

^^ Can I get in this action lol. I will be needing some when I order my race skins.

15. cujo

cujo Well-Known Member

I am still at the shop call me so I can get your info , I am leaving after that before I loose anymore money. I sold my 05 750 trackbike last summer .now my friend has a spare frame that I might start on.It looks good man I was kinda iffy about it but after seeing yours I might go for it.

16. cujo

cujo Well-Known Member

alright guys this is just for him , watch I am going to have 30 messages tomorrow when I come in for the free dzus deal.

17. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

LOL I didn't mean for you to give away free swag but thanks for helping fellow racers cujo! :D

18. cujo

cujo Well-Known Member

If I was a rich man I would do it for everyone, so before I give away anymore stuff I am going home, he was a really nice guy, so its cool.

19. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

By doing what you did you are rich. :up:

20. kerrycorcoran

Cujo,

Enjoyed the chat. Of course, now my g/f is all pissed off again because I won't shut up about racing! :D

Hopefully we'll be able to work out some additional deals!

Later,
    Kerry