1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another SV question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by alpinestars260, Jan 22, 2007.

1. alpinestars260

alpinestars260 supermoto Member

Ive tried the el searcho' a few times but no luck. basically im getting my 06 sv 650 ready but i took the tank and throttle bodies off to check some stuff out. The tank was bone dry when i put it back on today. i have plenty of fuel in the tank now, i have a spark, the bike turns over, but not a sputter. i can hear the fuel pump do its thing for a second, but still no fire. also the FI light is flashing. any ideas?

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Did you reattach the TPS on the rear throttle body?

3. alpinestars260

tps is connected and no success..

4. GSXAAARGH

GSXAAARGH Pilot

make sure gas is getting past the pump

5. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

sounds like you missed a connector on the throttle bodies, maybe the airbox. go back and see if you have any open connectors.

6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I would check the disconnect for the gas line itself. The Suzuki quick disconnect can be stiff to reconnect. It sounds like the pump is just pumping the line up to the disconnect so it only runs for a short period of time.

7. alpinestars260

thanks for all the help, here is a little recap of the situation. The fuel pump is working but one of the throttle body connecting tubes was not sealed good. i am now getting fuel, but my battery is dead and i cannot get a good 3 seconds of starter engagement. and it is 34 degrees outside that cant really help either. 3-5 more days until the shop gets my new battery. geez i feel dumb

8. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

Sounds like you may want to pick up a Battery Tender, also...

9. alpinestars260

yeah well the battery was dead when i got the bike