Is this "peeved" or "pissed off"?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chubby Huggs, Apr 19, 2002.

1. MM

MM Member

Doesn't matter what happened in qualifying a few years ago because 1. it's done and 2. I was penalized for what I aparrently did. You see this argument could go on until I am 90 with someone who sees it differently. Case Closed. I never belittled mudduc's achievments just said that the guy next doors opinion is just as important, championships or not. As for Brad he is obviously just a wanker and can't be helped. I hope I can answer some decent questions in the future. Oh and remember we were all just club racers once. Except for Anthony, he has always been the multi time world champ that Bradles wants us to believe.
    Mat: 3 times AMA superbike Champion.
    1 time Australian superbike champion
    1 time Australian 250 champion
    2 time Australian Moto-X champion (many years ago)
    2 time Australian Dirt track champion (many years ago)
    15 time State Moto-X champion and Dirt track champion
    (many years ago).
    As I say to everyone championships are championships and they don't even come close to the feeling of want went into them every day and the satisfaction of putting a good team together to achieve them. I guess they are like the icing on the cake.

2. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Hey Mat, could you please go answer the questions in the Church of Mladin post please... puhlease!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bravo Mat.
    When it is all said and done, I'm have been a fan of yours' (since the GP year) and a bunch of bullsh@t from 4 years ago being dredged up at nauseam isn't going to change that. I look forward to seeing quite a few more posts from you. This BBS is addictive, so be warned. :) Now don't you have some training to do, or at least a round of golf with Pridmore to play. :D

Dave K

4. Fabri-Tech Designs

Fabri-Tech Designs Well-Known Member

If I may add my 2 cents worth......

1. Mat Mladin rocks.

2. And, I think "Go Show" just likes to stir up trouble. Nothing in Mat's press release named Anthony, or any other rider by name. May he was just upset 'cause he was slower. I think someone in a prior post hit it when they said they thought Anthony was just using Mat as the new person this year to be mad at.

Even though I am a big Mladin fan, I was glad to see that Gobert appeared to be getting his act together, and then he pulls this bad attitude stuff. I don't know what to think now........

Anyway, it's very cool to have Mat visiting us here. Hopefully he'll grace us with his presence more often.

Mat, I wish you the best of luck the rest of this season.

Thanks,:D

Last edited: Apr 24, 2002
  5. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Wow! I'm glad Huey directed me over to this thread. You guys are out of control over here. :eek:

I don't have a favorite rider in Superbike (my favorite rider is still a WERA Novice!), so maybe I'm a little more unbiased, but I have always found both Anthony and Mat to be very nice. I've talked more to Mat and he has always been willing to give me a quote and take a few minutes of his time with me. When I was still working at Road Atlanta, he agreed to call in as a guest on a local radio show for me. I was impressed that Mat was willing to take the time to call in for a show in Gainesville, Ga., which as we all know isn't exactly a thriving metropolis.

Do these guys stir up some trouble now and then? Sure. Racing is a passionate sport, and sometimes it carries over into what we say and how we act off the track. Anyone who's seen me in the pits during an endurance race, or had the misfortune of witnessing the creation of The Punisher, knows that I'm right. I like the fact that Superbike is a series where the racers are still forthright with fans and media, not to mention with each other- it's a breath of fresh air compared to other series I've worked.

:)

6. Litespeed

Litespeed Rocket Scientist

As a somewhat neutral observer on the board I would like to apologize for Brad Wilson's attitude. It's fairly obvious he is having issues dealing with his lack of talent and is unfortunately trying to take it out on you. (I also saw his results from a CCS race and can't understand why he would challenge anyone's accomplishments. I think I could beat him and I've only raced 2 weekends.) Jealousy is ugly sometimes...

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

litespeed, you are right. if you think you can take a friends SV 650 with no practise, show up cold an race, and win an expert 600 race on it. be my guest. :rolleyes: mat, i am a wanker, you are chump. without this silly bike racing, you are a wanker, just like me. at least i can always do other things. oh yeah, you could be a ultralight pilot.?!?!? ;)

8. Litespeed

Litespeed Rocket Scientist

I was hoping to be called a schleprock so I could be like Matt. Thanks for failing me :).

9. novice201

novice201 "I'm a robot chicken!"

Dammit, the one thing I hate about the BBS is how people misread, misunderstand, or just don't care what is written so they can go off on their own little rant. Not that Mat needs anyone to stand up for him, but Brad, Mat wasn't knocking the guys' CCS title, but stated that his opinion was worthy no matter what. Go back and read the damn post.
    FWIW Mat, I never really followed AMA racing until I recently started racing myself, so I don't know a lot about you. But after you came on the BBS and showed yourself to be a pretty down to earth and humorous person, you've got a fan. But I like Goby and Hayden too, so any 1-2-3 combo is cool by me! :D
    And yeah, it is a pleasure to have you on the BBS. Thanks!

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

here you go, schleprock!! :D

my favorite mat melodrama quote "john kocinski was holding me up in the corkscrew" isn't kocinski the guy who actually won a gp at laguna, on mat's same piece of crap cagiva? didn't he win three world superbike races at laguna? how in the hell was kocinski holding him up being 50 yards ahead of him? i was there mat, and i heard your whiny ass over the P.A. system. i even have it on video if you want to deny this as well.

oh yeah, thanks again for "gracing" us with your presence. as someone else said earlier. MY HERO!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2002
  11. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

You guys are going to run him off!!! Stop it!!!

12. mad brad

mad brad Guest

buh bye mat!!

13. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

Whomever you are --- (don't make any comments JU) -- your impression of Bradley Wilson is on target.

Not only is he a wanker, but he is a little wind-up as well.

14. mad brad

mad brad Guest

at least my name isn't dick.

15. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

if this was AG, you'd hear a sucking and kissing noise coming from Brad Wilson. Hell, Johnson and Johnson stock would sore, because of the excessive purchases of vasoline - from the Noreth Carolina region. :p

Last edited: Apr 24, 2002
  16. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

No it ain't -- you are just one in real life....:D

Brad "Wanker" Wilson --- I like it...

17. 13x

13x 13x.com

You know everyone has a personal ignore list on the new BBS...

Not that I'm taking sides here.

18. bweber

bweber Active Member

Mat, I was looking forward to watching you race at Daytona this year, but at least I got to see your qualifying effort. I have always been impressed with your ability to focus on the task at hand and your matter-of-fact personality. This BBS had added another dimension to you character; you’re quite funny as well! I have been a fan of yours for years and come Sunday, you’re the guy I am cheering for while my wife cheers on DuHamel (yawn). Please show Gobert you’re the man to beat at Sears Point and the rest of the season. Although he has cleaned up his act a bit, Gobert’s conduct and comments during the 1999 still keep me from cheering for him.

I have a question. I am racing at the AMA Pro round this year in Superstock and my teammate is racing Superstock and Superbike. A few times in the press you seem to be upset with AMA's 112% rule for qualifying. I know you come up on back-markers quickly, but do you think the Superbike field should be limited to factory and semi-factory (read high budget) teams? When you come up on a back-marker in a race, are you cussing them out under your helmet? I have seen factory riders looking back and shaking their heads, or worse. I just wondered what your thoughts were about this issue.

19. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Holy Crap...

I cannot believe Mat is on this board. Thanks Mat.

And Brad (as well as the other Gobert fans), even I cannot believe the balls you have talking to Mat like this, but maybe Mat likes it straight out of the horses mouth?

Anyway, Very nice Mat...

20. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

gee...

The horse's something anyway... :D

Welcome to our little piece of the roadracing world Mat!

Avoid getting into pissing contests on here, they don't do ever go anywhere and can make both combatants look like dumbasses...

hehehe Look! I'm giving *advise* to an AMA champion!