1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help me ID the riders in this photo?

Discussion in 'General' started by Larry Lawrence, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Larry Lawrence

Larry Lawrence Well-Known Member

Roger,

Jeffrey Dean. That's sounding familiar. I'll email Thomas Stevens and see if that name sounds familiar to him.

Thanks much
    LL

2. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Kurt Hall was a great rider, but not until the early 90's.

Marcus

3. thedeanoman

thedeanoman thedeanoman

Thanks for the compliments guys and girls but I ran #56 and never ran many production races.The last production race I ran was at the gnf in 84 on a Kawasaki GPZ-750 turbo in the A-production class.Finished 4th to Kevin Schwantz(GPZ900),Randy Renfrow (FJ1100)and Dale Quarterley(GPZ900) but was credited with 3rd after Schwantz was disqualified for posing as his fellow texan buddy...Merril Moen...lol !!! Kevin actually raced in Merril's leathers which were about 3 sizes too big for him !!! It was pretty easy for Renfrow to figure out that someone other than Moen was inside those leathers !!!!(Renfrow filed a protest disqualifing Kevin allowing himself the win.....funny thing about that is,the "PRODUCTION" Dunlops on Renfrows bike had the word "RENFROW" molded into the sidewall of the tire! (can you say sticky rubber in the mold of the production specials???!!!!) Looking back on it now it was pretty darn funny !!! Classic Schwantz humor at it's finest !!!! .......and REVIN Kevin Rentzell ran # 48

4. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

We're showing our age here but i gotta disagree,Kurt was smokin in 88,actually 87 i think he won a bunch of 600 hurricane races

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pre Hurricane, Kurt was winning the Interceptor Cup stuff. But his number was 60.

6. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

:D I remember standing in line at Registration in Portland (88 or 89?) and some guy that looked like they just threw him out of the library for spending too much time in there was registering. He always had "intellectual" glasses from what I remembered. Anyway, he was rolling that weekend.

I always felt that he really up'ed his game on the HRT team right before he went to TSE. I think he is still the only rider to win the 600/750/1100 races in a single weekend (I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong :D).

Marcus

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's still the only one to sweep the Suzuki Cup Finals as far as I remember.

He also ran his TZ250 and his GSXR whatever in the FUSA class - and ran fast on ALL of them. That's when Kurt became one of my favorite riders of all time.

8. thedeanoman

thedeanoman thedeanoman

:)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  9. thedeanoman

thedeanoman thedeanoman

10. Larry Lawrence

Larry Lawrence Well-Known Member

Production bikes were too boring for Deano.

He liked power and lots of it in his bikes.

He was F-USA run-what-ya-brung fast before the class was even invented.

11. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

is that a stock frame or an rsc frame?

12. Corsa

Corsa Desmo Thunder

The CB1100F has been sitting for years but still looks cool with its #1 plates. With Deano's help I am going to bring it back from the dead. If all goes well on the rebuild... and tracking down some obsolete parts we will hopefully see Deano take it for spin on the track once again.