Do GNF finishes count toward regional championships?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tifosi, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Tifosi

Tifosi Well-Known Member

I was checking out the championship points standing page and I noted that the GNF is shown on the Northeast and North Central region points table:confused: Does a rider’s finish at the GNF races count toward their regional points standings?

Thanks in advance,
    Jason

2. fzrkidd

fzrkidd Well-Known Member

No, if you look at previous years there is no points in that column.
    I wanted to double check that too!

3. gixxerboy75

gixxerboy75 Well-Known Member

I have a question... Do the GNF points count with national endurance points?

Thanks
    Jason

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

wera grand national finals...wera national endurance series.
    yes.

5. gixxerboy75

Just checkin! Thanks

~Jason

6. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

GNF does not pay any points on sportsman regional classes, except if you win you get a national championship.

The GNF pays points for the National classes, endurance, and for the vintage classes.

7. fzrkidd

fzrkidd Well-Known Member

GNF pays Vintage points!?!?!?!

8. Ryan Nelson

I'm trying to remember how vintage works - I couldnt find it in the rulebook. You take your best 6 finishes, then add double points from the GNF round and that gives you your national points. The ranking of these national points then decides who is the national champ in that class.
    I THINK that's how it works. Its something close to that.

See http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=99836
    and there are bunch of other threads.

So its at least possible to win the GNF in a vintage class, but the guy who got 2nd or 3rd win the national championship. Most classes have at least one person (sometimes 2 or 3) with 6 wins going into the GNF.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  9. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Dont worry Jason.......Rick isn't going to be there.:D

I might though......I'd give it a 25% chance right now. Damn war thing getting in the way of MY racing.

10. gixxerboy75

I am asking in reguards to my team. I am not riding but will most likely be there! In other words I am not worrying about said Rick :beer:

Dont let the war get in your way.. go race :beer: If the war gets in your way then be careful over there!

~Jason

11. Sacko DougK

Oh mannnnnn........Wrong Jason. I was talking to the Tifosi Jason.

12. Tifosi

Tifosi Well-Known Member

Hehehe...don't get it twisted, I've actually been trying to convince Rick to make the trip down;) Us Mid-Atlantic/North East guys need to stick together:beer:

13. Motomeister13

Motomeister13 Well-Known Member

Yep! AND its double points for vintage on top! Stinks! Well stinks for me THIS year. I am leading two regional V6LW regional championships, and as long as Corey R goes and finishes like 8th, I lose them both. Dam kids! Good thing he is a nice kid. :)

Of course it helped me win LAST years regionals! :up:

I dream of the day when southerners travel north to Beaver for a snowy mid summer Cycle Jam, and Nelson Ledges for the GNF!!!!! :beer: :D

14. Sacko DougK

I hear ya brother, I'll be rooting for our guys most definately!! I had a meeting yesterday and got the word this morning. No Joy. I'll be "busy" doing some flying. I gotta give John a call and tell him I won't be riding with him. Guess, I'll just have to get ready for next year.

Good luck Jason! Kick some ass!!

15. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

I don't think the GNF has anything to do with Vintage Regionals. If you are winning your Regionals right now, you won. The GNF is only for National vintage points.

16. Motomeister13

From Rulebook.

6. WERA divides the country into geographic areas. Within each area a series of sprint races are held. ***The Sportsman/Vintage Regional Class Champion will be the racer with the highest point accumulation in their class at the end of the season in each region.*** The Sportsman National Class Champion shall be the rider who wins his/her class at the Grand National Final. The Vintage National Champion will be the rider with the highest point accumulation in their class at the end of the year taking their 6 best finishes at any Vintage round throughout the year and adding it to their finsh at the GNF which will count for double points.

Looks like you may be right.
    So, I guess the quesition is: What constitutes the end of the season? Now i need to go back and look at last year. :confused:

17. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Don't worry be happy.
    It's what he said. :stupid:

End of season= last regional race on schedule.

18. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

How/When do we get our Vintage Regional trophies?

19. Ryan Nelson

Mailed to you sometime over the winter (well after the GNF generally).

20. Motomeister13

I seldom "Rabble Rouse" BUT

And by trophies, I hope that you mean number plates, and car license plates. Not all regions get trophies. It depends on sponsorship, and a whole bunch of stuff.

I was kind of a jerkoff about it last year. Its a bummer, BUT, the number plates are pretty cool.

Rich