mid-ohio slide

Discussion in 'General' started by owndjoo, Sep 24, 2006.

1. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

Just wonderin if anyone caught my slide into turn7 off the back straight and/or my subsequent near death experience of rader's bike hitting me? i'd really like to see some video, but pix would be cool too!:up:

2. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Glad to hear your ok man. Getting hit by another bike rarely turns out good.

3. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

yea, it was def. a scary moment.

oh and if anyone can get a picture of rader's tank, that'd be sweet. i wanna see how big this dent is that my leg made.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOL - I'm just glad I saw you walking, well hobbling, around Sunday without a cast!

5. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

oh, and i need to talk to ya about next year:up:

6. B.Curvin

B.Curvin Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you're all right Drew. Is your bike repairable?

7. Sunny

Sunny Banned

Sorry to hear the unfortunated incident, but glad that you are ok.

8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

We spent a little time trying to get that bike sorted out. Just needs a rear brake line (the banjo seperated from the nut in the master cylinder) and a little duct tape.

Remember kids, don't post your bikes for sale until you're done riding it as they seem to end up in the weeds when you do that.

See Kovz example.

9. Sunny

Sunny Banned

Did Kovz crashed again?

10. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

nah, i kept it up.

were talking about posting your bike up for sale, racing it one last time, then letting the person have it......... seems bad luck and you crash it that one last time you race it :D

11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Oops

Which reminds me, I had my bike up for sale at Beaver and Autobahn earlier this year too.

12. fzrkidd

fzrkidd Well-Known Member

The dent was fairly large, softball size, maybe a little bigger, and right up to the gas cap(Pacman shape). He had a video of the incident, but you can't see the impact.

13. Sunny

Sunny Banned

So who's going to post a link to this video?

14. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

bike is in good shape. just gotta get a few parts and it'll be on it's way to whoever decides to keep the championship winning ways alive.

15. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

Well first off, I'm glad your alright! I was standing on the hill watching and saw things unfold. And second, no ,You really don't want to see that. That was just too knarlly dude.:tut: RG

16. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

that just makes me wanna see it more!

one of the guys said he almost got sick when he saw it. i still cant believe i didnt break my leg

17. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Yeah, my dad saw it too. He said it was really scary. Glad to hear you're OK!

18. Dane Parish

Dane Parish Active Member

I was standing with Rich,, scariest thing I ever watched. You could see it coming, like it was in slow motion,, but to far away to yell or do anything. Glad to hear you're doing OK.

19. Zebo51

Zebo51 Slide'n It

Yes, slightly bigger :). Glad to hear you are OK Drew. I couldn't even see you down there. Actually I did not even know that my bike had hit you until I got back to the pits and people that saw it told me. After I stopped sliding and stood up, I just saw you wrapped around the front of your bike. I thought you were tangled up with it from your crash.

Not sure if you recall, but I ran over and asked if you were stuck under your bike. You said something like no and I can't move. At that point I figured you might have a bad injury so I didn't attempt to move you. I wondered how in the hizzle my tank got that big dent from a low side. I came down to your tent after checking out my bike to see how you were, but they had already hauled you off.

I did get it on video, but as stated already you don't see much. I will post it when I get a chance.

I wish my camera had picked up some of it. Man I think I went down before the 4 break marker and slid all the way to the grass on my arse. It seemed like for ever. I bet it looked funny to anyone watching as I just laid there sliding.

Lucky since it was wet and that surface so slippery, my leathers hardly got damage and my helmet never hit.

I also wish I knew how fast I was going when I hit. I am guessing probably over 100, but no way to tell for sure.

Anyone know how far that may have been? Are the break markers indicating 400 feet, 300 feet etc?

[​IMG]

20. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

Hey, Alan, why did you go home? Was the bike that messed up or did you just say f*ck it because of the weather?

Anyways, thanks for the 4th place!