1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Started building my track bike...

Discussion in 'General' started by kerrycorcoran, Sep 10, 2006.

1. kerrycorcoran

kerrycorcoran Well-Known Member

No, I have not done the keyless wiring yet. I am going to make sure everyting runs than make those changes. At this point I have a key and am attempting to get the bike running. Once I have confirmed all is working as it should I will convert it to a keyless setup.

for dealer mode, I simply need to jump the top and bottom right wires, correct?

Thanks,
    Kerry

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

funny, the corcoran i know here in NC had the same excuse for his woman's name. :D

3. kerrycorcoran

wow, his woman's name was kerry corcoran too, you're right that is funny :)

4. kerrycorcoran

Well, it looks as if the EDU is bad. I purchased the motor, inclusive of wiring harnees off eBay. The ad stated and showed a pictured of the damaged ECU, but said it was tested and worked. I have exhausted all other possibilities and think the ECU is bad.
    I have ordered another ECU and will update when I find out more.

Thanks,
    Kerry

5. 02RedR1

02RedR1 Well-Known Member

did you wire up your kickstand switch??...the motor shouldn't turn over w/o it..but just a thought....

6. kerrycorcoran

Thanks for the suggestion, but yes, I have ensured the kickstand switch is correctly wired as well. Hopefully I'll have the replacement ECU in a few days.

Thanks,
    Kerry