1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone racing a 95 YZF600 in V7

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by c.fritz.644, Sep 1, 2006.

1. c.fritz.644

c.fritz.644 Well-Known Member

I have raced the bike twice at grattan and was wondering if anyone has built and raced one. I am looking to upgrade the suspension to newer YZF. Also looking for some rearsets any info or tips would be much appreciated.

2. g.mccormick

g.mccormick Well-Known Member

are you kidding you can't race one of those. thats rediculous.

hahaha

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I bought one to race. It's probably the best streetbike I've ever owned.

It's out there with a fox shock and a fully adjustable front end, bigger carbs and a couple of pipes.

I race an F3. It is a good back up bike though. They have good motors.

4. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Currently 3 fzr 600's in Vintage 7. Borge Larsen the owner of Jennings GP track. New York Redneck, I can't remember his real name and Mark Morrow makes an occasional appearance. I believe Mitch Pickerel races one up north as well. Good Luck with your project.

5. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I think he was talking about one of those new fangled Yamaha yzf scooters. Like boz said, there are a couple FZR600's.............jury is still out on Borges bike.....I suspect it has some YZF parts in it........who knows. You'll do fine on any 600..........someday, we will see a Katana..........I just know it.

6. stickboy274

They made the YZF's in 95. I own one. They would be legal for the class, depending on what you try to interchange it with.

It has a better motor than the FZR, but it is heavy. The frame is a steel version of the FZR 1k frame.

7. c.fritz.644

more people are riding FZR's I bought an FZR after I had already started on the YZF. is there any advantage to either bike? is the weight difference between the fzr and YZF that much? and how much lighter is an F3

8. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

The top F3's are about 380-390 my guess.......about the same for the Kawi's.

Don't know about the Yami's..........I guess add 20 pounds.

9. stickboy274

The FZR's are light for thier age. The YZF is not.

The FZR's come with no HP, although you can get a lot once you work the head(that reminds me of a story about a girl I used to date).

The YZF has better motor(the 95's had weak 2nd gear, matbe 96 also) The tranny shifts better and the power is smoother. Better potential.

Both can have the suspension upgraded to really good stuff easily.

Parts are plentiful. I asked a friend to find me some FZR/YZF 400/600 stuff once. The parts over the next 6 months that he found really chep would not fit into a 24' trailer.

10. Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell Hoping to pass tech

I'm going to enter my 97 YZF next year if it's legal by then. Hell, I'll probably enter it even if it isn't. Backmarkers seldom get protested.

Stick I'm gonna need some more slicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the cool kids have them.

Take it easy on me, I'm old.

11. stickboy274

I have bunches of them, new and heavily discounted less than 10 heat cycled ones.

12. porkchop

porkchop Active Member

Sounds like an F3 would make an excellent V7 bike. If only I knew where one was at. maybe I could race this class.

13. porkchop

porkchop Active Member

Sounds like an F3 would make an excellent V7 bike. If only I knew where one was at. maybe I could race this class.

14. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Brinks has one for sale

15. c.fritz.644

hey porkchop most people start with a semi straight F3 not a smashed one that has 45000 miles on the first oil change!! that thing never has been right since it slid into that rock HAHAHA

16. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Bring it on............the more the merrier..........old.........who isn't.

:beer:

17. g.mccormick

g.mccormick Well-Known Member

losing the ecm several times probably hasn't helped much either. haha
    It will still be better than that slow ass monster.