Rausch Creek rescheduled?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Glenn Foster, Jul 12, 2001.

1. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

Is this just dropping off the schedule or has the rescheduled date and location been confirmed? How about the TBA date? Has that been decided upon? Location? Date?

Thanks, G....

2. aip

aip Well-Known Member

Glenn I want to apologize in advance for the replies that will follow. Aparently Mongo is planning on running the Rausch Creek National at VIR in the middle of September. As far as the TBA....I will let my astute collegues post away on that one. [​IMG]

3. Glenn Foster

I was hoping the rumor was true about moving Rausch to VIR. I was just wanting to know if Mongo had it set in stone yet.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yup. Still working on details like Vintage etc... But there will be an Endurance on Saturday the 22nd, we did get Friday the 21st for a practice day and Sunday will be combined Sportsman and National Sprints.

5. Glenn Foster

Cool! Post it here as the situation updates.

Thanks, G....

6. nedrgdr

nedrgdr Member

What about the TBA event? Is there any info on that yet? Monga we need to know!!!

Mark

7. WERA

WERA Administrator

I know you need to know and as soon as we do, you will.

8. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Sportsman races?

What region(s), Sean?

I thought regionals and nationals were going to be split this year?

9. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

I just double-checked my schedule and this was a Mid-Atlantic regional before. Will this be expanded to other regions or not?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Since you seem to have missed all the other threads here's the full and complete scoop -

Rausch Creek cancelled all dates. That left us with a National to put somehwere - we loked at the races we already had scheduled since adding a race at this point in the season is impossible at just about every track we run at - they get booked up for a year in advance, some for 2 or 3 years. The best date that allowed us to notify everyone and kepe it in the same general area of the coutnry was the Spetember VIR race, a Mid-Altnatic regional. This worked out in a lot of ways because we had no contingency monies to move around or anything else. So we are going to combine the National with the Sportsman just as we did the last two seasons - I know this goes against running the Naitonals on their own but it's still better than nuking the date altogether.

The Endurance will be a 6 Hour, the Solo's will not be at all, the Sprints will be 6 laps and everything will run combined except the Formula 2 National since it's 2-stroeks only.

There will be practice on Friday but the track will be running it not us (I guess they figure they can make more money this way).

11. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

I admit that being a lowly Sportsman Series puke I didn't follow the National TBA stuff too closely. I hereby throw myself on the mercy of the court. [​IMG]

So, if I'm reading things correctly, the regional will only be a Mid-Atlantic regional as originally scheduled, right? The only addition is the addition of the National stuff to that weekend.

Muchos gracias, Mr. Mongo.

12. WERA476

WERA476 Well-Known Member

Will this be a Suzuki cup weekend also?

13. WERA476

WERA476 Well-Known Member

Nevermind found it on the Suzuki site.

14. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

I'm assuming the endurance race will be on Sat after lunch, right?

15. WERA

WERA Administrator

Yup, just like normal.

16. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

When do you want me to schedule the rain? Early on, somehwere in the middle, or late in the Endurance?

17. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Wait till the 5th hour, right after I get on the bike. (Maybe we'll run dot's this time...)

18. aod99

aod99 Administrator

You can schedule rain, just leave out the lightning. We got all excited when the drops started falling but then red flag put a stop to that.

19. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

I was bristling with anticipation at the thought of taking the restart and finishing the race on DOTs. [​IMG]

My plan was so simple, turn 3:25s (we were 12 laps up on MWSS 7th) and let everyone else fall down. Quess we shouldn't have changed the rear at the fourth hour.

[This message has been edited by rfknight (edited 08-09-2001).]

20. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

Yup. Things were about to get very interesting in the MWSS class...

Oh, well. Next time, maybe.