1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excell mini motrad rims $$$?

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, Sep 5, 2006.

1. "Squirrel"

"Squirrel" Well-Known Member

excell rims

Alex, yes we did. good luck with the motord, we have had a blast with these thing. are you going to flat track your 85 or road race, either way check out semra.org hope to see you there.

2. corsameltin

corsameltin Well-Known Member

Im ready

Attached Files:

3. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

dood, are those headers on the leather couch? My wife would KILL me!

4. corsameltin

corsameltin Well-Known Member

ahhh the joys of being single, you should all know the joy

5. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Cam will also tell you to do the 2.5" rear, but it sounds like you've made up your mind. I'll tell you also that the 3.5" not only killed the power in my RM85, but you will also run into clearance problems. With a 2.5" you can still use your front take-offs.

6. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

especially with how much you use your tires, like half a season, there won't be much tire left to use.

7. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

3 sets in a season :)

8. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

You have close ups of the mini...also what kinda bike is it..? Old eyes that don't see so well anymore...

I have a SDG mini 107..that I'll be gettin wheels for soon ...hopefully..

9. "Squirrel"

Alex, he is right, the chain on the 103 does hit the tire. You may be able to off set it but this could be more trouble than it is worth.

By the way, check out the brake set up off a 450.

Danny

Attached Files:

10. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Damn, 450 brakes :)

11. gixserman

gixserman Well-Known Member

12. luckyhat12

luckyhat12 Silly Blue Rider

So since we are talking rims... what is the benefit of the sun rims over the excel rims? I have heard they are stronger and lighter but is that really the case? I have never bought dirt bike rims before. Only had stockers.

What are the thoughts of squeezing a rear on a 2.75 rim. the tire charts say that they will fit on a 3-3.5 inch rim with the 3.5 recommended. I would like to find a 3.0x17 but I can't seem to find them. Would the tire roll too much or would it be fine?

Just curious from you mini motard riders out there. I bought my bike just like it is with a 110 bridgestone BT45 on a stock rim so I know they can be squeezed on there but it really isn't ideal.

Thanks for the help,
    Chris

13. "Squirrel"

The person that built the front brack system name is Brian Livengood. He actually he built the whole bike.:bow:

14. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

We ran both 2.75 sun rims front and rear AND 2.50/3.50 Excell front/rear with 125GP slicks. Kris liked the excells better . We also run the same setup on Nathaniel's bike .

15. turner38

Looks like a copy of what was on Kris's 85

16. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Did you have any swingarm or chain clearance issues on this bike? Mine did. I had to remove the shock flap and run the adjusters full aft to allow the 3.5" rear. Also, the extra weight of the big slick just killed the explosiveness the stock RM85 had. Talked to Cam about this, and he said the 2.5" front and rear was a much better combination. I think he's onto something.

[​IMG]

17. turner38

We actually had more room with the 3.5 than we did with the 2.75, the 3.5 Excell was actually lighter than the 2.75 Sun. The 125gp tires are made for2.5/3.5 rims using the rear on a 2.5 changes the profile effect handling. JMO

Attached Files:

18. "Squirrel"

Danny, that front end has been on this bike for awhile,but your right ibelive kris had the same set up. we couldn't run this at semra because it's an 103 so we just let jake practice on it. who did up sale kris bike to. Im not sure where Brian got spec's from but i do know the machine shop were part where made. DANNY