1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nc30, Nsr250, Rgv250?????

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by maR1o, Aug 30, 2006.

1. maR1o

maR1o Well-Known Member

I have a bit of a problem. I am currently in Japan and I have found a couple of bikes that I am very interested in. The problem is that I cant choose one. The options are 1996 NSR250 with very low miles. 1995 NC30 with 6000 miles which is still low and the rgv250 with 10000. All bikes look great, very few scratches on them. The have a great service records. I have also found a couple of more bikes that I like but these are at the top of the list. If you guys had to choose, whichone would it be? Also, if you can think of any other Japanese that you would choose please let me know maybe I can look for them and help me make a decision. Thanks for the help.

2. superbike2001

superbike2001 Well-Known Member

I would take the 1995 NC 30. I have owned that and also an rgv250. I like the the NC better! If you dont get the NC please send me the details on it.

3. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i am lookin for the SAME bikes now,lol. i would like an NSR put plating it here may be a bigger problem. love the NC30/35's as well. i think the NSR will give better performance, but either way you come out good. you bringin it back to the USA? how, and the cost etc.

4. maR1o

maR1o Well-Known Member

yes, I am shipping them over with the help of my wife. She use to work at a shipping company and she is in good with the people there. Luckly, they have an office there and it should be pretty easy to get it back to the States.

5. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

have you looked into the importation laws for the NSR? i havent been able to find where it is importable as a streetbike, the VFR400 is though. also i was told that it is impossible to title a NSR in california as it is blacklisted. are these going to be streetbikes? another question if you dont mind - what is the price of these. i ask because i am thinkin about the exact same stuff.

6. maR1o

maR1o Well-Known Member

I was told that it shouldnt be a problem importing the bikes as long as they had all the proper paper work for customs and pay taxes on it. I did hear that it was hard to title a NSR but they said the same thing about the aprilia rs250 and mine is street legal. If I cant make it street legal Ill just use it at the track. Also, one more thing to add to this is that all the bikes are street legal in Japan. So all I might need to change is the exhaust since it is modied and loud.

7. tkm433

tkm433 Well-Known Member

The big question to ask yourself is where will you get any repair or crash parts if needed and how easy will they be to find.

Of the list I would want the NC30 but the issue of finding parts might make me look the at the others.

On the NSR and RGV most any motor part of performance part is easier to find since more of these bikes were built and more were crashed.

Now ask yourself what are your plans for the bike? If you want to use them on the street they will all be had to register due to the vin# will screw with most DMV computers and the nut holding the key board.

8. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

The difficulty in getting a title is dependant on what state you live in. Here in WA, its a pretty simple process.

If it were me....I'd try to find a mint NC35 or a nice MC28 NSR in Repsol colors. Of the bikes you listed, I'd probably go for the RGV250, especially if it was a VJ23 model (most recent) but I'm personally looking for a nice VJ22 to put my 500 motor in for a fun conversion.

You might also want to look into an RG500, they are starting to go up in value. Same with an RZV500 (aluminum frame, not the steel one) but not quite as quickly.

If I had a spare $10k, I'd pick up an NC35, MC28 and VJ23

9. dragon129

dragon129 Well-Known Member

How much does something like that cost to ship to the US?? I'm heading to Thailand at the end of the year and will probably do the same thing.

10. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

The guy I deal with quoted me about $500 for shared container shipping per bike

11. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Grey Market

Ok, I have had a NSR and a RGV. My preference would be for the Honda. TYGA Performance makes many many parts for the bike with GP replica bodywork and paint jobs, pipes, rebuild kits, 300cc kits, so on and so forth.

The RGV can be costly on a rebuild, $800-900 for just the crank, I think the power vavles are close to $300 and the parts have to come from Europe or Australia...

On the RGV I had no problems titling it or insuring it with State Farm. I even had a claim, got a quote from Europe (Exhaust) and Australia (oem Suzuki) for the damage. I think it was $1100 for pipes and $1300 for the body....I got $700 race glass from Airtech, steering dampner, race suite, and took it to the track...

The NSR had a title as well. In TN its real real easy to title as long as you
    have a pencil tracing of the Vin and bill of sale.

I believe the NSR will bring more cash once you get it here and title it, that is if you decide to sell it. Since these bikes are Jap issue there going to be restricted. If I was there I would try and locate a newer RGV with the ram air
    VJ23 model I believe....1998? THey can make about 70hp or so derestricted and I think they made a Shwantz/Lucky Strike model.

I would suggest shipping in with a few parts like bodywork and one wheel in one container and the rest in the other and label it as parts....I heard its easier through customs that way...

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  12. maR1o

maR1o Well-Known Member

The guy with rgv and the nsr is the same guy and he has lots of spares that come with the bike.

13. maR1o

maR1o Well-Known Member

Im looking around $500 for the bike with spare engine and other parts.

14. dragon129

dragon129 Well-Known Member

$500 is not too bad for shipping if you can get a good enough deal for the bike you're looking for.

15. WERA49

WERA49 Well-Known Member

No one has mentioned the EPA. They are the reason that two strokes are difficult to title. Current regs state that we can't have a titled two stroke larger than 49cc. Of course, many of them have titles.

I'd also like to have a TZR, RGV or RS streetbike. I'm looking for one that is in the U.S. now. I don't know what it would take to get a title for a two stroke in Ohio, but it won't be easy.

Two strokes rule! :up:

16. TiForce1

TiForce1 Well-Known Member

I can get these bikes and ship them. I can title them here in Al. Shipping is usually 65 bucks per cubic meter depending on quantity. it usually cost 4,500-6000 for the bike and shipping and title. I got a Ducati 399 a few years ago.

17. AER

AER Well-Known Member

Get the NSR.

18. Tony824

Tony824 Active Member

The nc30 is not a 2 smoker. They're V4, 4-stroke.

19. scottvor

scottvor Active Member

I have the MC28 NSR250. I've ridden most of the others (grey market 250/400) and I think your best bet is the NSR. Now if you could get the last year RGV250 with the 70degree motor, get it! I think that one is very pricey to derestrict but... WOW! what a motor!

Scott