FairTax

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by RoadRacerX, Jul 24, 2006.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I just want to say I know that won't last. :D

Carry on.

2. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I am not sure what spending your money on what you want has to do with my point but as long as one of does I guess it is OK.;)

You don't have a choice on paying what you owe in taxes. You do have a choice on when and how you pay it. You can pay more than you need to and try to get a refund, or you can bring home more money per check and use that money to make you more money. You will have enough to pay only what you need to and if you are smart a little more do go buy something........like race entries.

The first way is easy and ives people a feeling of free money come tax time. In reality you could very easily be costing you some cash.

3. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Strick's doing just fine. Really, I'm tired of arguing this.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

We shall see. :)

5. Strick

Strick Good to be king

With this type of endorsment I am frantically searching for the 'eject' button.:D

Just kidding my little believer buddy.:up:

6. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Especially since there's strong lobbying from guys with masters in taxation, who have a vested interest in keeping the tax code as convoluted as it is so that even the IRS can't figure it out any longer. Won't need those guys with fair tax - all of thier knowledge of stupid rules, regulations and loopholes will become useless, and therefore extinct. The H&R Block's of the world will have to figure out another business model. Maybe you can point out a bad thing about that scenario.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I understand how it works and all you're doing is repeating what I said - the difference is because some people choose not to give a shit about that small amount of money making them more money and choose to use it as a non earning savings account you call them stupid. That's bullshit and makes no sense, I don't know of anyone that doesn't grasp the idea that the feds are keeping their money, I have met a whole lot that don't care enough to change the deduction from their check - which we all can do at any time. You don't have to have anything taken if you don't want to, pay it all quarterly.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

huh? :confused:

9. Tequilaiam

Tequilaiam Well-Known Member

Dont forget the IRS itself. Government entities don't go away... just find something else to justify their budgets and keep their jobs.

10. Knarf Legna

What? :confused:

11. Knarf Legna

I can list plenty that have gone away. Think about it for a while and I bet you can too.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I am confused which scenario I am supposed to point out the bad thing about and why.

13. Strick

Strick Good to be king

It helps if you sound out the big words.:D :D

14. Tequilaiam

Tequilaiam Well-Known Member

Can't think of any gov't entities that were disbanded... what are you thinking of Frank?

So, concerning this fairtax website, it appears business don't pay the tax on the things they buy? that doesn't sound very "fair" to anyone but business owners.

The other thing I didn't see addressed was the assumption that this consumption tax won't induce people to over save. Wasn't that a contributing factor to Japan's stagnation even with 0% interest? Their society saves TOO much, to the point where economic stimulating strategies weren't working?

15. Knarf Legna

But is it from a prominent university?

16. scotth

scotth Banned

I don't think it matters from where he gets it. University of Phoenix would be fine. Just any kind of background at all. The degree is pretty crap anyway, it just lets you get the job, and *that's* where you get the experience.

Edit: scratch that--the degree *prepares* you for the job. I don't want someone saying I said the degree was pointless. It's definitely helpful.

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I got my last degree a decade or so after I got the job. What it did do was satisfy the HR department's requirements for me to advance up the ladder.

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Jay, ever find out who is behind the web site and where the money is coming from?

19. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  20. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

I didn't read this whole thread so excuse me if someone already posted it. "Fair tax" is just a sales tax. Here is a "Real Fair Tax".

Government income $ devided by # of citizens over 21 = your tax obligation.
    USA Net income/Cit over 21= Tax liability = "Real Fair Tax"

Everyone pays the same amount no matter how much they make. That would be fair. When five guys buy a pizza they split it five ways. They don't split up the bill based on who makes what.