What No Comments

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sportbikepete, Aug 7, 2006.

1. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

On how Reuters published doctored pictures. On how the Prime Minister of Lebanon in his speech to Arabs stated that 40 people were killed in a recent airstrike but later stated it was really only one death. Wake up!

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Did CNN doctor the story up for him? :D

3. 26ssfreak

26ssfreak Well-Known Member

Don't ya just love the media these days.:down:

4. Tequilaiam

Tequilaiam Well-Known Member

5. sportbikepete

I know him he is the same guy that went missing in Iraq after claiming the US was no where near Bahgdad as the bombs were dropping.

6. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Anything like these?

8. baileyrace

baileyrace Well-Known Member

I don't get your point here

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Far be it from me to attempt to delve into the mind of Obi on Knobby, but I would guess he is inferring that staged photos are only marginally younger than......photography itself.

10. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Doctored photos and staged photos are tow different things. The Iwo Jima photos were staged basically because the guy missed the event that took place before he got there. It was a reenactment basically. Doctoring photos to make them look like something they aren't or worse than something they aren't is fraudulent. Representing a staged photo as live as it happeded is bullshit too but I don't see it as disturbing.

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Well done young clodhopper.

13. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

Nobody gives a shit because Reuters fired the photog and deleted every photo he's ever shot from their database before anyone even caught wind of it. That's all they could do. It kills me how the media has been vilified in the last 6 years. Reuters does news. That's it. They found out a freelance guy took some liberties and fired him. He added more smoke to one pic and two flares to another. That's IT! Wake up!

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I don't see the need for anything else. That's what I would have done also.

15. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Israels not worried about doctored photos...:D

[​IMG]

16. sportbikepete

So if I buy a photo of you in a compromising sexual position with a farm animal not questioning whether it is fake or not, post it on my website, find out later it is a fake and remove it, and you will not find ME at fault is what you are saying? Wow you are one helluva an understadning person.

17. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

-right click, save target as......

:up:

18. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

That's all we know about now. There may be more. His intentions were clearly to make the damage look worse that it actually was.

19. sportbikepete

BTW just messing with ya on the farm animals, I would never post those pics of you. lolololololol

20. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

Let's kill him. Just to be sure.:rolleyes:

He added smoke to introduce more drama to the pic. He added two flares to the one real one from the F16. How is that worse? They are not biased, Reuters. They do news. They have a gazillion pics to examine every day. A couple got by. They found them and terminated his ass. It's not like they were picks of Israeli soldiers stepping on dead Lebanese babies.

If you want to get upset about something, there are many more important issues that effect Americans over there every single day. You guys should try to consider the news for what it is, rather than what a few tell you to think. This is nothing.