1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ride through Greek Mountains *vid*

Discussion in 'General' started by incognito, Jul 27, 2006.

1. incognito

incognito Well-Known Member

2. corsameltin

corsameltin Well-Known Member

time will take care of those guys

3. Lager Killer

Lager Killer Well-Known Member

but whoooaaaaa.......looks like fun :D

4. hazben

hazben Banned

skills: yes
    brains: no

at least we will have some memorial footage to give to Karen Lehane.

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

well, some of those rear wheel drifts around those public road turns were impressive.

and god knows i hate squids.

6. todd hennessy

todd hennessy Racing bikes again

Did a little over 150 miles on northern Kentucky back roads this past Sunday for the first time this year. Put both knees down and the speedo read over a 100mph a coupla of times."Am I a squid"? Don't know.I like to think I only really get on it whene it's all clear.That and I was on my new MotoGuzzi so I had to try it out:)

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

unless the whole road is blocked off where you can't hit a winnebago, and a family of five can't hit you...... then yes.. IMO you were a squid.

8. todd hennessy

Squid it is:)

9. hazben

hazben Banned

next time your riding like that. take a look to either side and look at the nearest trees to the road. don't look off in the distance....look at the ones that you would hit. now imagine hitting them at that pace.

i have a feeling this is why tracks are not lined with trees. not sure. just a guess.

just remember that.

10. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

The next time I take a shit I will look at it.
    I will try to imagine throwing it at people, or making someone eat a shit sandwich. At speed.

11. jg54

jg54 Well-Known Member

To each his own but, if you ask me thats plain STUPID, take it to the track.

12. joey-95v

joey-95v Registered

more likely a car will.

13. cdeck26

cdeck26 Well-Known Member

Squid or no squids that is pretty SICK!:wow:

14. incognito

incognito Well-Known Member

that dude on the yellow ducati could ride :rock:

15. UGAR-6

UGAR-6 Well-Known Member

On a scale... me=candyass, them= nucking futs!!!:eek:

16. 418

418 Expert #59

Yup.

17. sideways_skinny

sideways_skinny i need about, tree-fitty

Yup.

18. thane

thane Well-Known Member

My prediction: One of them is hospitalized or dead before the end of the summer. They're all plenty good riders, but you can't ride that fast on the street and hope to cover all the variables. A person can ride plenty fast and fun on the street while leaving lots of room in reserve. These guys aren't doing that.

thane

19. Jamesm925

Jamesm925 Well-Known Member

i doubt they learned how to ride like that on the street. odds are they would've been killed long before they learned to power slide around corners.

so since they seemingly have track experience, why the hell would they not know better than to do that on the street?!?

i guess it's just a matter of doing it simply "because they can"....

another question:
    were they breaking the rear lose by applying a little bit of rear brake into the corners? that's what it looked like to me.

20. todd hennessy

I do look at that.After about a million laps on almost every racetrack in the U.S. I figure I can judge a safe speed for the conditions.