1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help, please.

Discussion in 'General' started by Putter, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Putt Putt for the fun of it...Putt putt for the fun of it. Gosh that was a gay commercial!! :D

Hugs to ya Putt Putt. :D

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Oh, is that all? You know girls - they're always runnin' late... Kaitlin's proll in there, doin' her hair, exfoliating, etc... you know - gettin' "made up" to make her big debut...

My younger brother was born early and, at 14 years old, he's bigger than me... (but I can still take him) :D

Its gonna be fine, Putter! :up:

3. CRAKitty

CRAKitty I taste like chicken

Putter- You're not running after the nurses like you did the kids in the DQ parking lot....remember that? :wow:

You'll be in the rubber room before you can blink! How many times has Kerri rolled her eyes at you? :crackup:

Kaitlin's a lucky girl to have you and Kerri for parents. Thanks for calling - and hugs to Kerri too.

4. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

Good to hear that things are progressing well.
    My question is , how many ruffies did you give her, so she would have sex with you???
    That poor girl, she had to see you , out of your famous undies, I can't imagine the nightmares she has because of that.
    :moon:
    :D

Is this you posing in your undies again??
    [​IMG]

5. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

Oh yeah, leave them poor nurses alone, will ya???
    [​IMG]

6. Chip

Chip Registered

I can't believe I missed this thread! Prayers sent Putter and the Putter Fam! :up:

Please give us updates!

7. smoore

smoore Princess

Just some "nursing" info to give you that you two might not have heard yet (or heard but didn't retain given the scope of your situation):

* No infection is key - this means keeping as clean as possible (body, bed, etc) and if she has a foley catheter, it must have been put it under totally sterile conditions and kept impeccably clean

* Food - although hospital food is not known for it's taste or content, she needs to consume a HUGE amount of calories so that your little girl can gain all of the weight that she possible can. Bring in food from the outside (if you are allowed) and make sure she has snacks in between meals ... build a big baby so even if she's early, she's heartier!

* Liquid - I'm sure she is on an IV of fluid (LR?) but she needs to take in a lot of fluids by mouth, as well. There is a theory that taking in massive amounts of water can help rebuild amniotic fluid ... some doctors swear by it and others think it's a bunch of hooey. I say it can't hurt! ;)

* AFI - her amniotic fluid index is probably what they are watching closely at this point. One way to keep more fluid in? Trendelenburg positioning in bed. Head of bed flat and feet elevated. Not comfortable but helps with gravity.

* Pills - she probably has IV antiobiotics but should still be taking her prenatal vitamin, iron (is she needed it) and definitely Colace (or some other stool softener). Bed rest can cause constipation and now is not the time to be straining ... she could push the baby out instead!

* Contractions - is she on anything for contractions? Tebutaline or Magnesium Sulfate? These are often given if labor starts spontaneously and they both make the patient feel like shit. It's horrible.

* Baby's lungs - has she had two shots of Betamethasone (Celestone)? This drug helps the baby's lungs mature more quickly. Needs to be given if it has not been.

Okay, that's all I can think of at the moment ... our L&D department is going crazy dealing with all of the dehydrated moms going in to early labor right now. I can't wait for this heat wave to be over!! Best of luck to both of you and let me know if I can help answer any questions!

Stasia

8. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Putter, my bro. This may all seem like a bad dream right now, but you've placed it in God's hands. Take smoore's great advice and make sure you stand by Kerry for her every wish. It will all be so worth it when you hold your precious baby girl. ~2 years later, when she looks up at you and says for the first time, "I luv you daddy", well..........let's just say I still cry today when I think about that night standing over Holly's crib. I heard that song, "There Goes My Life" on the radio tonight, and I'd like to punch that singer in the nose for making me cry like that. You'll see, my friend. Blessings to you and that sweetheart, Kerri. You two remain in my prayers. :)

9. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Karson - thanks for the laugh. :D

Smoore, everything you said is right on.

Thanks Chip and everybody else. Jay - I just don't know what to say. Thank you.

We have an ultrasound scheduled today at noon so hopefully some good news.

Mongo who? :D

10. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

Taking medical adivice off the BBS doesn't seem too wise but if I didn't mention this I would feel terrible. The fellow here with the baby delievered at 24 or 25 weeks said that one of the important issues was they gave mom some kind of serriods to help the babys brain blood vessels form quicker.
    The only other question is while saying prayers, does everyone else just say the Putter baby too.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Smoore, are you still cheating on me with that guy you married?

Oh, and hi Putter and Putterette.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Putter, gimme a call tonight, I need to talk to ya'.

13. smoore

smoore Princess

Yep, still cheatin' on ya, Papa ... and pregnant by him now, no less! I'm now 23 weeks along and dying of this unnatural heat were having in California .. it's horrible!

Putter, glad I could help, let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Stasia

14. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Putt putt do keep us posted. I think about you guys every day and am keeping y'all close to my heart.

15. Putter

Thanks, Jess. :)

Just got back from the hospital. The nurses told me to go home and get some sleep. They affectionately call me "Butthead". The ultrasound didn't show much new, still low amniotic fluid but enough to keep 'lil Kaitlin in there. The doc told me just to go back to work next week so it's gonna be good to get back into a routine.

Once again, thanks everyone.

P.S. I have no idea who Smoore is (besides the nice gal with all the advice, along with Vella's wife who has sent me some very supportive and thoughtful emails - thanks both of ya) but please use this thread to fill us all in on the Papa / Smoore love situation. Just, ya know, because we care. :D

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Old love affair. Mostly me being in love with her, but I tell myself it's mutual. Goes way back before your time on the BBS. I am the original leg humper. :D

17. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

Kaitlin is a cool name. Your gal must be smart thinkin up something like that. Glad to hear everything is stable right now putt putt squarepants. :up:

18. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

That ain't affection - its self-preservation. If they call you offensive names, then maybe, just maybe, you'll keep your leg humper to yourself. :D

Get some sleep. You have to take care of yourself so you can be there for Kerri and Kaitlin.

19. Putter

It's always mutual. No means yes.*

Hey whitey, you wanna give me some lessons? :bow:

*As the original leg humper that thought was channeled to me by The Papa. It in know way reflects my own feelings toward women or relationships.

20. Putter

I haven't actually humped any nurse's leg yet. When (notice when) Kaitlin is born and lives, I am gonna be a leg humpin fool. The dude who empties the trash at United Hospital is in for leg humpin lovin. The ticket taker at the parking lot, the lady at the coffee shop.........

Git some! :D