1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

01/02 Toyota Tacoma Prerunners

Discussion in 'General' started by dahf3, Jul 18, 2006.

1. dahf3

dahf3 Well-Known Member

I am looking to get an 01/02 tacoma prerunner sometime soon and was wanting to know if any of you guys have them. Everybody in my family has toyotas and I personnaly have had 3 toyota trucks. I am wanting the extended cab (just 2 doors), TRD, and the 3.4 liter V6. My dad has the T100 (2wd ext. cab) with the 3.4 liter in it and when I took it to a trackday last month I got just under 22 MPG with my bike and all my gear along with the ac on and off the whole time. I think he said he can get 24 with normal driving without towing anything. What kind of gas mileage do you guys with the prerunner get? I currently have a 93 4x4 but am thinking that I do not "need" the 4wd so I figure if I get the truck with the locking rear differntial that should do just about everything I want it to do.
    Any thoughts?

2. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i have a 01 pre runner. in town i get 17mpg. it sucks for a little truck

3. dragon129

dragon129 Well-Known Member

I have an 01 4Runner Limited 4x4 with the 3.4 litre in it. I usually get in between 19 to 22 mpg. It's not too bad, but it can be better. I guess that's not bad for me because a van picks me up for work everyday. If I drove the thing all of the time, I guess it would suck...I'd consider selling it even though you said you wanted a Tacoma.

4. Geoff Doyer

Geoff Doyer Well-Known Member

I have an 02 4x4 ext cab TRD and I only get 18 mpg and less when towing.

5. dahf3

dahf3 Well-Known Member

Hmmm maybe I am just easier on the throttle? Thats the reason I posted this to see what people were getting with this actual truck.

6. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

i had the 4 dr. It got about the same mileage as my new 4dr tundra. Very poor for a "little" truck. If you have had a toy with a v8 you will never go back

7. dahf3

dahf3 Well-Known Member

^^^I know what you mean....the Tundras are very nice, wonder how the new model is going to sell.

8. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Bet it will be good...i'll stay in the 06 quad cab tho'. It's all the truck i need

I don't know if they have it now but when i bought a few months back, they had like 4k in rebates. I bought the xsp version for the same money as a "regular" quad cab. Very nice truck.

9. dahf3

dahf3 Well-Known Member

I was kinda hoping that I alot of the current tacoma owners might venture out for the new tundra leaving the tacomas in the lot. I also was thinking that the 2wd prerunner would get good gas mileage. I wonder why my dads truck with the 3.4 liter v6 gets so good gas mileage?

10. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

That what i am thinking also. i might as well have a V8