1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pedrosa....

Discussion in 'General' started by tonybrownphoto, Jul 16, 2006.

1. I know I'm gonna get bashed for this....

but that damn little runt is starting to grow on me. He's maybe small, but damn that boy does not like to lose, and he will fight till the end. When he was in the 250, I really didn't think he would have the kahunas to bang fairings with the big boys........am I WRONG.

so give the kid a break.....he really does smile when he WINS :up:

2. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

damn midgets!! The guy bugs me. And as long as Rossi is out there, he is going to have to get used to not smiling. Getting beat when he's on the pole and Rossi was 11th can't make him feel too great

3. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

I agree. Rossi has had ups and downs this year but when its all said and done he will be Wolrd Champion again this year.

4. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Why would someone bash you for this? As someone else mentioned, he is way ahead of the game, ahead of Rossi at this stage of his career. He is a fantastic rider, and maybe the personality comes from taking his sport so seriously. As he matures, his people skills should improve. As for right now, I'm sure his sponsers are tickled.

5. 418

418 Expert #59

Pedrosa didn't have to start his carrer on a fire breathing 500 as a rookie. So it's no suprise he's ahead of Rossi's cruve. You've gotta wonder how much the MotoGP electronics are making life easier for people like him, and how he would have faired in times where the bikes weren't as friendly to ride as they are now...

I don't like the little shit, personally.

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I'm with fatty.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Pedrosa was ahead of Rossi before he got to MotoGP. You guys need to watch some 125/250 racing too.

8. YB929RR

YB929RR Are you gettin it?

I think he's doing a fine job.:up:

9. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

None of the "new" crop had to start on a 500. He is, IMHO, leaps and bounds ahead of Stoner and Melandri. I'm talking about his 125 and 250 career. His rookie finishes in the premier class speak for themselves.

10. For sure the bikes are much easier now to ride than even the first generation of the RCV.......but hey remember Hayden, Biaggi, Barros, and Ukawa were on the Repsol bikes and didn't fair as well......but its all relative with all of motogp.

*** I really do think he is somewhat of a introvert....same can be said with Melandri, they clam up with the camera in front of them. You can see that in the intereviews......Plus he is only 19y.o ??? and has 3 World Championships!!!

11. You can raise that argument with Hayden......coming from Superbikes, he should have been winning his second year.

12. RTTakezo

RTTakezo Well-Known Member

+:up:

I'm not sure where all the 'hatred' for the DB3k is coming from since, unless proven otherwise, no one on this BBS has actually ever met/spoken with the man....it may in fact (as Papa T has already alluded to) be traced back to those who don't follow the 125/250 championships and have only seen him on TV for a few months....

Personally I find his quiet dedication and focus refreshing. This ain't "MOTOGP IDOL"; this is racing.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

250 is from whence my dislike stems. F****** mini terminator, made almost every 250 race a snoozer with his cold precision, and you knew there wasn't even a flamboyant display to look forward to at the end.

Talent wins championships, not hearts and minds. Now Loopy Lorenzo? That's a human I can cheer for. Gimme some emotion, the occasional mistake, etc.. And what has happened to Luthi this year?

Anyway, that's my opinion.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The dude has one eyebrow and it starts above his eyes and runs all the way back to the base of his skull.

15. I my wife says..."you always wanted to see what you look like while on a bike", well she compares me to Dani...in size. We both have enough room behind us on the seat to have someone ride two up. I like the guy...but I have to admit I root for Nick before Dani...and I would have been pissed if he would have taken Nick out today as well as I'm sure Repsol would have been too.

16. Jesse

Jesse Active Member

I wonder if anyone else noticed that pedrosa seemed get pretty out of shape when trying to be late on the brakes? When Hayden was leading it seemed like he could consistenly outbrake pedrosa - it seems like dani's small size might affect his ability on the brakes while it helps him in a lot of other places. It's as if his shorter arms and lack of size prevent him from ooching back and putting weight on the rear end.

17. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip Well-Known Member

The question is, when they go back to Qatar next year, what oil sheik is going to offer him $20+mil a year to ride their thoroughbreds. Horse jockeys are jelious on how small this kid is. 4'11" and 100lbs!