Would it be Blood lust...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Buckwild, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

Lobby Schmobby...I'm sure no country in the world would actually want the help of the #1 Superpower in a war:rolleyes:

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

One question at a time, so you don't look like a complete asshat when I respond.

1. Yes
    2. If my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle.

Isreal is more than capable to handle those terrorist thug wannabes. So enough with the 'ifs'

3. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

What's your point? I don't see any US soldiers involved.

4. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

There's no point. Just like a woman, she just wants to be heard.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

When did they stop teaching reading comprehension in schools? Damn, you're amazing. :D

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

If it was not for the ties between the US and Israel the whole middle east would just be All Isareli State also known as the land of glass and flying rags.

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Right about the same time they stopped teaching math.

8. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

I guess Israel wiping out Palestine wouldn't qualify as genocide but the irony would be there. When the smoke clears what makes you think there wouldn't be more Arab countries more convinced than ever that Israel shouldn't exist?

Escalation just means more Israelis will get blown up and more Palestinians will be killed in military reprisals. Sitting on the other side of the world hoping for this doesn't make sense.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The US IS backing Israel with aid and arms sales but the US is also giving aid and selling arms to Egypt, Kuwait (aid is higher oil revenues and they're buying the arms that Israel could only dream of) and the Saudi's (see Kuwait).

Israel could stomp a mud hole in damn near any of their neigbors using Soviet era military technology and arms. Syria is a paper tiger ala Iraq and Iran, outside of human wave attacks is a friggin' joke.

10. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Only in the cowboy comic terms of a bbs discussion. In reality Israel hasn't made any progress in over 50 years of fighting.

11. xtest

xtest Village Idiot

What does qualify as genocide? The murder of 1.5 million Armenians? Nah...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I hear the US does not have enough ammunition to shoot every single Chinese! One of the reason we have avoided confrontation.

13. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

They have not made advancement becuase they are but the puppet, the US still pulls the strings over the whole area, sometimes a bit tighter here than there.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

And there is the exact reason that the Claymore and 155mm flechette rounds were developed.

and a insignificate foot note: Israel already is a nuclear power.

15. tomastopher

tomastopher Well-Known Member

Time to turn the tables. What would you propose Isreal do? Isreals neghbors have as their primary reason for existance the destruction of the Isreali State and it's constituents. Daily there are rocket attacks and cafe bombings. This conflict is as old as the region. Isreal has already made some major concessions and it has only bought them more pain. At this point diplomacy is so far out the window it is moot. War is a reality of the world and when one group or another cannot find common ground on which to co-exist it is the solution. The only way this will finally be over is when all the pussy-footing around stops and somebody gets pounded into submission. The main thing that gives me pause in the whole situation is that I would be willing to bet my RC51 that Iran already has nukes. But then again nothing lasts forever.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Tom, I wouldn't make that bet. They set their nuclear program back decades when the Sha fell and Komani (sp?) scraped the program. They restarted it after the war with Iraq was "over" as a means to fight Iraq's biological and chemcial warefare abilities and analysts predicted at least 14 years to get to the level where they could consider them a threat of being able to produce a working nuke. Iran is running a bit behind schedule, but it's trying to make it up.

Here's a another interesting tidbit. Irains DO NOT consider themselves Arabs (want to get into a fight? Call an Iranian an Arab to his face). They consider themselves Persians and that the Arabs are beneath them. Why do you hear them call themselves "Arabs" lately? To get the "freedom fighters" to fight for them (and it's worked. Well, that and the millions they spend to buy their allegence).

17. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

There are folks in Beirut that would dissagree.

18. Tequilaiam

Tequilaiam Well-Known Member

Tit for tat violence solves nothing and repeats itself. Machiaveli and Sun-tzu ( I think) both said that exercising restraint serves no purpose; when you cause harm to a group they will just harbor resentment and come back another day. Its best to totally destroy your agitator.

This Israeli general has this idea in mind, checkout the response to the first question in this interview http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?apage=2&cid=1150885992974&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

19. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Ah, the voice of reason.
    Let's do it!

20. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

If Iran attacked Israel, do you think the US would declare war on Iran or merely support Israel?