1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP...this sucks

Discussion in 'General' started by Cuddles de Sade, Jul 2, 2006.

1. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Chris will be missed and I will always think of him with a smile. I always laugh to think that in four years of racing, Chris was the only one brave (or crazy) enough to give my rear end a friendly squeeze on track. :) Heading into the kink at Tally, no less.... His friends and family are in my prayers.

2. Martin M

Martin M Former BRP Rider

God speed Chris Stevenson - you were a good friend,team mate and all around great person. You will be missed greatly.

Martin Musil

3. DAN193

DAN193 Well-Known Member

R.I.P.

4. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

Very Sorry to hear Heart goes out to the family.

5. rydfree

rydfree Well-Known Member

I didn't know Chris , maybe I have replied to a post of his without realizing , but my heart goes out to his family and friends , and may he be happy in another place.................

6. CRAKitty

CRAKitty I taste like chicken

Your family and fellow racers are in our thoughts and prayers.

7. LNR995

LNR995 New Member

Chris, I will miss your smile at registration. I will not forget you. Please know that Randy and my heart go out to your family.

Randy and Lisa King

8. RoadracerR123

RoadracerR123 Well-Known Member

My thoughts and best wishes go to the family and loved ones.

9. BOLAH

BOLAH Me n Al @ Summit 04

My prayers and condolences are sent out to his family and friends. From everyone's stories here, Chris sounds like a great guy and I regret never knowing him. Prayers sent to all of the riders, cornerworkers, WERA personel, and spectators that were affected by this tragedy. Very sad.
    Godspeed Chris.

10. NoMystery

NoMystery Just Michelle

Couldn't agree with you more. If one good thing came of this it would be all of us embracing life just a little more. For the record though, he and I were "just" really great friends. I'll thank God for at least that much for the rest of my days. :up:

11. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

My heart just sank. I just got back from vacation and heard about this. Chris was a great friend, and competitor. I first met and raced against Chris in 1999 in the Clubman novice class. We had some great races together. In 2003 he bought our old 99 R6 racebike to start the endurance team and when he came by the house to pick it up we talked for awhile. Sadly, that is the last time that I saw or talked to Chris. I always checked up on the results to see how he was doing. You'll be missed Chris. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.:(

12. duc35crew

duc35crew Well-Known Member

A couple of people had asked for Vickie and Roy's address. It is:

Vickie and Roy Stevenson
    601 East Steeple Chase Road
    Pleasant Garden, NC 27313

I'm sure they'd love a note with a favorite story about Chris.

13. imaracergurl84

imaracergurl84 New Member

Chris Stevenson Donations

I know someone posted something about some of the charities that Chris' family wished to have donations made to but there were no addresses. I found this on roadracingworld.com. Just thought some of you would like to know.

"In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Brenners Children's Hospital, NC Baptist Hospital, Medical Center Blvd., Winston-Salem, NC 27157 or to Victory Junction Gang, 4500 Adam's Way, Randleman, NC 27317."

14. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

just wanted to post a couple found memories from RA with Chris and I together in the chicane.....RIP my friend and our best wishes go the family.....you next few weeks will be trying but remember he was doing what he loved......and Im glad to have known him and shared track time with him.......hope others were lucky enough to share the track with him......great man and fellow racer
    well they were to big so let me resize them and Ill repost them tomorrow on this same thread.......sorry yall......or vicki said you could check them out at her web site......VHSphotography.com......my number in ex999 till I get them resized.....thanks yall

Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  15. todd hennessy

todd hennessy Racing bikes again

God speed Chris.

16. love944

love944 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about this, I just heard. My thoughts and prayers go out to Chris' Family.
    Godspeed Chris.

Laura

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This is passed on from Chris' family -

WERA Race Family

Roy, Clista and I want to thank all of you for the overwhelming outpouring of visits, flowers, e-mails, cards and most of all your thoughts and prayers during our loss of Chris. We were so blessed to have a son like Christopher and we will miss him deeply. He loved to race and he always enjoyed the time he spent at the track with you, his race family. May God Bless all of you.

Sincerely,

Roy, Vickie, and Clista Stevenson

18. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Mongo b4 you close out this thread Ive got a picture of chris and I running together that weekend that vicki sent me.....I cant seam to resize it but I really was hoping I could get you to help me with getting it posted.....I barely knew him but spent many a laps getting smoked by him and would love to post this pic and our deepest condolences to his family.....thanks for your help and PM me on how I can get you the pic and get it posted......again to the family our prayers and memories are found and with you thru these hard days......

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No intention of locking the thread at all so post away when you get it done. If you want, email it to me and I'll resize it.

20. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.