1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change MY NAME!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by E=MC2, Jun 29, 2006.

1. TwoCycler

TwoCycler Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link, G Dawg! Yep, i'm stylin now! :up:

Rocky Stargel
    Team Stargel Castrol

2. LiveLikeYrDyin

LiveLikeYrDyin Well-Known Member

My son, Nick, is going to have to grow up the hard way. He doesn't seem to understand that he needs to stop making excuses and show appreciation for people that help and support him.

Because of this behavior the GNF's will be the last race his mother ( Nick lives with her ) or I will financially support his racing.

This may not be appropriate to put this in a public forum, but like any father who loves their son, I feel like sometimes you need to give him a jolt that will knock some sense into him.

I hope his attitude will change and him and I can race together in the future. I would look forward that very much.

I want to thank Rocky Stargel for his time and advice he gave Nick and also the brake pads he got Nick at no charge.

Also, a big thank you to Britt Lynn for welding and fixing his exhaust pipe at no charge.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd vote give him some goals - including the way he acts and represents himself and then base support on that. It's worked for a lot of kids.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Props for being a StandUp Dad,
    Sometimes there is a disconnect between the Ass and the Brain that needs alittle JOLT... to get the reconnect started..:)

Nick, get yer head outta ya butt, and do what yer Daddy says.

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I honestly like Nick an do think he could be the top of his class at GA tech (or similar great school).
    I chaulk up his BBS persona as little more than BBS banter. Doesn't bother me.

Nick Dad, props to you for being a real dad.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's a teenage kid with a big mouth, no worries we'll beat it out of him eventually. I can't wait for him to read his posts in 10 years :crackup:

8. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

now I have to get a stupid job :D

I was just kidding about the excuses, and thanks for the brakes they really did help.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Nick, talk to Chris Ulrich sometime.

Nick's dad, way to go!

10. TwoCycler

TwoCycler Well-Known Member

Kevin,

Your a class guy, thank you. Don't ever take my comments on here too seriously. I think you have a good kid, he just gets caught up in some of the big boy smack talking here on the BBS. I was happy to help out and will again if I have the opportunity.

It was nice meeting you,

Rocky Stargel
    Team Stargel Castrol

11. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Talk to Brian about that :crackup:

12. RedBull72

RedBull72 Sticker Pimp

as a father of two, I know how you feel.

You and Nick have been to my shop and he acted cool and respectful here.
    What I'm saying is maturity is a slooooooowwwww process. Believe me I know.
    I think Nick is well liked, or the paddocks adopted son. Like Sean said, goals and reward.

If he wasn't a good kid, we wouldn't give him a minutes effort. You only want to beat the crap out of someone you really like.

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Nick, Dude a JOB is NOT stupid, it pays the bills, and unless you have a gold mine or something, you will have to have one to do ANYTHING..
    Your Mom and Dad don't have to do ANYTHING but food, clothes and education (basic education) everything else is because the WANT TO..:)

Matt, still comes over and cuts my grass for me and sometimes helps in the shop...(not much)..but he use to.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That reminds me - wonder if Matt wants to do some yardwork for entry fees? :D

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Hey Owes, He Owes, so off to work he goes....LOL

Hit him up, he even loaded up the mower and went to cut Edwards grass awhile ago...when he sliced his foot, and couldn't do it himself.

16. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Can you talk to my son?
    You'd think I shot him in the foot the way he carries on when I ask him to cut the grass.....

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Sooo, when he wants something from you, act like he shot you in the foot, remind him, He helps you, you help him, when he stops, you stop.

18. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

I think it's called...Tough love:D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll have to call him at some point, he can even use my riding mower :D

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

my Dad once got so pissed off at me he chased me with a shovel. Didn't get close but I'll be damned if I didn't do exactly what he said for quite awhile afterwards.

I don't suggest hitting your (or anyone else's kid) with a shovel but putting the fear of god into your kid now again isn't a bad thing. And you bleeding hearts, skip the lecture, I don't care what your opinion is so save it.