1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPEEDtv "Superbikes"

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jun 23, 2006.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

NSCAR doesn't make us look bad...

2. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

What was the DFAD code word?

-HJK

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Chalkin'...

4. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

I don't care if they put 100 shows on tv about bikes if they are all like that it will just ruin an already shakey image. You want to go act like ricky road racer on the back roads when no one is around fine, but to act like 10 year olds in the middle of town is just stupid. I'm saying out of site out of mind is way better than putting out a pece of sh!t show like that.

5. Jamesm925

Jamesm925 Well-Known Member

didn't two riders from the R1/R6 convention die on that trip to the gap?
    I hope they weren't part of the filming....

i'll see what the next episode is like, but the show isn't promising.

a few comments:
    1) at the beginning, they have a "do not try this at home/professionals performing stunts on a controlled/closed course".

what a crock of bullSHIAT! it should've read, "stupid stunters perform lame ass wheelies in city traffic"

2) i like how they emphasized performance over looks, and they talk about being all about the bikes' performance. but then the only form of riding you see is petty wheelie-ing and burnouts. The supposedly "blast" up some road and then pose, but it sure as hell didn't look like "blasting" to me.

those rat pak fags were just retarded. trying to make it sound like a "warzone"... yea, maybe if you ride through city streets stunting like those dumb shits.

3) it started off good w/ interspersed comments about how cars don't see bikes etc. but then they nullified their feigned concern over rider safety by stuntin through heavy traffic and city intersections. so basically, joe squid is going to be like, "YEA! now we're finally getting some recognition for what we do!" and do even more stupid shit on the street b/c the "pro's" on tv are doing it.

yea.

great. :down:

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Shows like this one make me actually want to watch Asscar. Of course I would rather shove razor blades up my ass than watch Asscar. Does that tell you anything about how bad this show is and just how poor of an image of the motorcycling community this presents to the G.P.?

Soon when people ask me what I do for fun on the weekend. There will be more dignity in telling them I molest small farm animals than telling the I ride and race motorcycles.

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

:rock:

8. sln

sln Slow LWT newb

Its another chopper show, this time with japanese engines.

Putting a GSXR front end on an SV, wow ITS A STREETFIGHTER!!! B/c you know, the $350,000 of development of an RC51 from 4 years ago didn't quite make its way to the showroom floor.

I wonder what they do to people for the year it takes to become a rat?

9. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Continued and prolonged Brokeback style ass fuckin.

I was on the show for approximately 45 seconds. I saw a guy showing a GSXR front end on a "streetfighter" SV (uh, good springs and valving work just as well) and a guy riding a bike with some sort of stick on the front and that was all I could take.

And the Rats thing is ultra gheyyyyy.

10. Tim McKinley

Tim McKinley Salty Member

This show is total crap. Represents everything that REAL motorcyclists (and no, not just racers) are not. What a completely superficial, faddish, irresponsible bucket of poo. It honestly pisses me off!:down:

People who stunt on public roads in traffic are nothing more than world class idiots. They have glamorized being "outlaws" and having run-ins with the police twice in the last 5 minutes.

The rat segment was ridiculous. Possible promotion of drinking and driving, definitely promoting illegal activity, and comparing riding a motorcycle in Oakland to going to Iraq or Afghanistan. Total BULLSHIT.

11. dogkiller

dogkiller New Member

:down: not cool to bring up someone getting killed to bash on a tv show

12. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

I thoght the Motorcycle girl show was bad a few years ago...Wow, What a bunch of ASSHATS. Please cancel those morons. Even a bunch of squids at the gap would have been more entertaining than that

:Puke:

13. mad brad

mad brad Guest

getting killed should never detract from a shit show.

shit, is shit.

14. turbodogs02

turbodogs02 Just batting at the bunny

I would rather them not show ANY motorcycles than abominations like SuperSquids.

To remove the one last vestige of semi-decent sport bike related programming (aside from the races), and put this on in its place is just absurd. No more conspiricy theories, Speed is out to kill its bike programming once and for all. This garbage will get canned at some point (one can assume/hope), and then that's it. Only the racing is left.

This show just paints the entire m/c community with such a bad image it's not even funny. On top of that what they are doing is all ILLEGAL! All the activites shown, aside from actual riding, burnouts/stoppies/wheelies etc, all are law breaking activites on the public streets. To do them in an enclosed environment like a parking lot or abandoned industrial park is one thing, but to show this being done on public streets, endangering the general motoring public is irresponsible. It reinforces the attitudes that sportbikers are reckless hooligans. And to air such activities, and condone them, is just wrong on Speeds part.

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

16. bluebye

bluebye skinitback

Should have called the show "Crotch Rockets" ( I hate that term). :Puke:

17. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

18. sln

sln Slow LWT newb

19. gawarrior

gawarrior Well-Known Member

I can see where you are coming from, and I guess I am being optimitic that it will get better. I didn't care for last night's show either.

20. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

I didn't actually watch the show BUT ... what you all are describing pretty much sums up about 90% of the sportbike riders in this area, and most of our local street customers. Sad, but unfortunately true.

- Roach