1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sportbiketracktime.com !!

Discussion in 'General' started by gixxer759, Jun 23, 2006.

1. gixxer759

gixxer759 EXPERT #55

Anybody ever done a sportbiketracktime.com track day? I'm doing one on Monday 6-26-06 and didn't know what to expect the day to be like. ANybody else doing it also?

2. chipnalong

chipnalong Well-Known Member

track day

going to r/a? YOULL LIKE SPORT BIKE TRACK TIMES TRACK DAY .they do tech in the am . intermediates go out 1st then advanced 20 min . segments they take an hour lunch on them .any other ? ill see ya on monday novice 867

3. 999

999 Well-Known Member

I've done one STT day. They seem to throw redflags when other trackday organizers would throw a yellow. My group experienced about 4-5 red flags in the 6 sessions I rode. No one was injured in any of these incidents as far as I know. :mad:

Oh, and my credit card info was stolen from their website.

YMMV.

4. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

STT rocks. Well organized, emphasis on teaching and safety, helpful, plenty of on-track time and in general good people.

You'll be tired at the end of the day. :up:

5. red54

red54 Well-Known Member

Great Organization. I have been riding with them for years. Done about 25-30 track days with them. I have had a great experience each time. Highly recommended. Once you join, you get some pretty great deals on tires/installs and such. The issue with the credit cards was resolved promptly and it wasnt STT fault, it was the online institution that their CC are processed through. Anyway, Bonnie and Monte rock!

6. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I've done a few weekends with them and have enjoyed the experience. Monte and crew do a great job and I hope to get in on one of the upcoming Barber dates.:beer:

mmfoor

7. mbarrett996

mbarrett996 Rule #1, I'm #1

If you like a crowded track then go for it. Too many riders on the track at one time.

8. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I hate STT.

First, its run by Monte and Bonnie who are so cool that it makes me seem merely normal by comparison.

Second, they offer so much at a trackday that it gets real confusing: coaching for everybody who wants it, real orientation for beginners, tire sales and changing, photos and videos of you riding your bike, gear for sale and an all-round good group of people.

Third, they have real concern about safety and actually care that someone has crashed. That eats into my valuable track time once every five trackdays or so and is real annoying.

Fourth, talk about confusing, they must run like 100 events per year at 20 different tracks. That's just fucked up!!

Fifth, Monte keeps hitting on me but Bonnie always ignores my advances.

But they do usually serve lunch. :D

9. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Cones. Lots and lots of cones.

10. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

Are you going for the fun of it...or just wasting your time?? I think Road A would be fun if I rode the prison bus in!

11. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

Not only do they serve lunch, they do it without charging extra. The nerve!!!

12. LiveLikeYrDyin

LiveLikeYrDyin Well-Known Member

Hey, Mike,Todd and I will be out there, so you can ride with your fellow old guy racers, also, my son Nick will be there. He ran some 1:22's at Roebling a couple of weeks ago on his 1996 RS125, so he wants to ride in the advanced group with us, hopefully we'll have a good time. Pray for some good weather! We'll see you there.

13. zook1k6

zook1k6 Banned

Advanced group is definitely faster with NESBA. I was shocked at how many slow guys there were in A group last time at Barber with STT.

14. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Uh oh!!

At least 10 more pages for this thread!!! :D

15. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

by my experience the advanced group is not bad.

16. zook1k6

zook1k6 Banned

I think what happens sometimes is the Intermediate group fills up and some of those guys sign up in Advanced. I know they shit themselves when Mark puts the classic stuff on them.

17. sizmtrz

sizmtrz Nuthin runs like a deere

Are you serious? The tracks are all miles long... it's not to hard to ride by your self on a 2+ mile long track even if there are 30 riders per group. Just my 2 cents.

18. duck killer

duck killer Well-Known Member

Monte runs a tight ship.:up:
    Few squids and well organized.
    The beginner group is kinda slow though:)

19. sizmtrz

sizmtrz Nuthin runs like a deere

"the beginner group is kinda slow" 2 things about this statment

1):rolleyes: DUH!!! thats why its the b-e-g-i-n-n-e-r group...

2) do you really want first timers pushing their limits before they even know where their limits are??? Man...that really does read like a pretty stupid statement.

20. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

Breakin' the law....breakin' the law.....