1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

carolina hurriCANES

Discussion in 'General' started by rev395, Jun 19, 2006.

1. rev395

rev395 head carpetbagger

by far the coolest game I have seen ..... from the first puck drop I knew they were in it to win it.... what a great game... Cam ward and the guys played great!!!

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

Hillbilly Hockey Bitches!

SUCK IT SUCK SUCK IT SUCK SUCK SUCKITY SUCK SUCK SUCKITY SOOKY SUCK SUCK SUCK IT!@!!!!!

we are gonna parade that bitch on a JOHN DEERE in downtown raleighwood nawth carolina.

canadian c@nts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

I loved it when the Carolina player raised the cup and shouted "FUCKIN' ROCKIN" on live TV, just as they tried to cut the audio....

Gotta love LIVE tv....:D

4. Calamari68

Calamari68 Well-Known Member

Those boys are lucky after the last couple of games!!!! They had it in the bag in 5! I was pulling for them though.... But wait til next year hookerz, cause the Thrashers are gonna rock!:D

LOL, yeah it wasn't a wardrobe malfunction, but a verbal malfunction!:D

5. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Good for the Hurricanes. Personally I get more excited about finding loose change in my sofa cushions than hockey.

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i love people screaming the canes have been lucky all season. they all should have bought lottery tickets every day, all year. :rolleyes:

joe, normally i'd agree, but tboth teams were colossal.

looked like gladiators.

7. Joe Morris

Yeah, we tuned in last night and enjoyed the game. But I'm not excited enough to drive to Raleigh for a game even if the tickets were free. I still think it's strange for hockey to be played in this area.

8. MarkB

So (help out a newbie), why did both teams to a man have full beards??? Except for a couple that didnt???

9. Joe Morris

Playoff superstition. You see other sports borrowing the beard thing from time to time. But to my knowledge the roots are in hockey.

Some guys don't wash their uniforms, change socks, etc.

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i assume that jay barfield no longer bathes now. :D

11. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

ya got that right, both teams played great! being from canada i used to play and watch all the time, but i haven't watched a NHL game in a long time - but it wasn't hard to excited watching those games :up: :rock:

12. rev395

rev395 head carpetbagger

for good luck.... basically once the playoffs start thats when the beards start... if your lucky enough you dont cut them until you get the cup... they guys that dont have them, they are probably too young to grow em lol

13. rev395

rev395 head carpetbagger

yeah I bet you would rather watch the NBA finals... what a joke... yeah its weird to see hockey in the south, but in my opinion it is one of the most team oriented sports around... NBA on the other hand is more like a brickfest where everyone tries to be a hero and there is very little "team effort"

go back to picking your loose change:up:

14. MarkB

Well, that makes sense.....although at first I thought I was watching a re-run of "Scott of the Antartic"......

15. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

NBA is for fruits and fairies compared to hockey. the intensity of this series was beyond most/if not all NBA games.

16. Joe Morris

I'm not a NBA fan. Raleigh has 3 college basketball teams that out draw the Hurricane's per game even though Cameron only seats 7,000. The Hurricane's winning the Cup is unlikely to change it's appeal in this area. Since relocating to NC the Hurricanes have had trouble drawing crowds. For them I hope they find a new city. I could care less. I don't dislike the team but I'm not interested in the sport generally. Heck, the Hurricanes played a season a few miles from my work and I didn't even know. I bet these guys would be treated like kings in Canada.

17. rev395

rev395 head carpetbagger

well I saw first hand how much draw they had this season.... I would have to say 75% of games this season were pretty well filled with over 10000 in attendance... to say they outdraw them is fine... its college and when they give tickets to the students you will have that... when you talk about profesional teams your talking about something totally different.

All and all they had a great season...and I am glad they got there chit together and won game 7... something they should have done in game 5!

They are great players, and put on a great show....WOOOO HOOOO!!!!

18. mad brad

mad brad Guest

COULDN'T dumbass.

now, choke yourself.

19. dragon129

dragon129 Well-Known Member

Yeah, congrats to the Canes. Hockey here will never outnumber the NASCAR and the college basketball fans, but it's coming along. People that don't know much about hockey really don't care. But, People that actually go and see the game are amazed that the sport isn't more popular. It is growing though. Unfortunately, sports is a revolving door and the dismantling of the Canes now begins.

20. chaplain

chaplain MRO pulpit jockey

Goooooooooooooooaaaallllllllll!!!!!!