1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What seats do you prefer on a flight?

Discussion in 'General' started by Pepe Le Ghey Pew, May 22, 2006.

1. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

:stupid: Now that's funny!

2. scotth

scotth Banned

I like window seats just because I like to look out the window, and because I don't have people stepping over me to get to the bathroom.

after that I always try to get as close to the front of the plane as possible, for reasons someone else mentioned. when you're trying to make a connection, that time can be very important. I switched flights last week and got stuck on the back rows of an md80. took 20 minutes to get off the plane in atl.

if I can't be up front, I go for exit row for the extra room.

if you're flying delta exclusively, try to get song instead if you have a choice. each song plane I've been on has been new(er), with the seatback tvs/entertainment. you have to put up with the flight attendants being 'sassy' and cool at you, but it's a fair trade off. I don't know if all song planes have that, but at worst they'll be like the delta planes.

3. SBK

SBK Misanthropic Anthropoid

Definitely check seatguru.com as Tony posted, there are some excellent tips. Particularly if you're flying on a different carrier or equipment than you usually travel. I've personally found my business travel much more tolerable (improved all the way to "f*cking horrible") when choosing the right place to sit.

4. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Get a 1st class upgrade...

...but if I have to I'll take the emergency exit isle or the seats right by the bulkhead dividing 1st class with coach. Never get the seats close to the restrooms.

Overseas (or over 6 hours) you need to get an isle seat, and if you can get a center row that has just you in it. You can strech out and get some rest.

And if for some reason your coach seat doesn't have power (no lights, fan or radio), say something and get bumped to 1st class.

:up:

5. GSXR6Pilot

GSXR6Pilot Well-Known Member

I second the front two seats... they have the best view in the house, and I get paid tho sit there!!!!!

6. GSXR6Pilot

GSXR6Pilot Well-Known Member

7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

If you like surviving plane crashes and want to live the trauma every time thereafter should you manage to suruvice one crash, sit just aft of the win root. Strongest part of the airplane making it the most durable for the unintended use of crash barrier.

Fuel tends to splash forward too, sit behind the fuel cell.s

8. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

I nevver seen a plane back into a mountain an the tail is usaully the only thing left...so I sit in the back

9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

You had me, you lost me, you had me, you lost me.

10. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

I guess what I was trying to say...planes dont fall out of the air tail first.
    so I sit in the back of the plane. except for today, we flew from Charrlotte to Atlanta on A small plane an I rode shotgun

11. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

There is a cramped but comfy seat in the wheel-well. It takes a bit of skill to climb up there unnoticed, but once inside you can ride all the way to America where the streets are paved with gold and you can find a great job that makes you rich beyond your wildest dreams........:)

12. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Peter, I saw your name on the wall of a 767-400 a few weeks ago when I taught an OJT. When did you start flying that beast? I'm over heah in Rome teaching Alitalia Servici the basics of this airplane right now. So....you gonna fly to LGW and FCO? :up:

13. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Oh, and I prefer the FREE seats. :D

14. Mongo Sis

Mongo Sis Clydes Aunt

I have come to find out with my newest employment that if you are VERY rich you can charter a plane all to yourself. You can fly naked if that's what makes you comfortable! Unfortunately us low life employees still have to fly commercial. I prefer an exit row for the leg room. And for the record I will smack the next person who reclines their seat in front of me when I fly again.