1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track Days, because golf...

Discussion in 'General' started by GTS600M, May 16, 2006.

1. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

i'm more sore after a day of golfing than a 6 hour endurance race!!!!!!! :D

if you golf in Florida danger lurks in every water hazard....GATORS!

and i never wear clean clotehes....golfing or otherwise!!! j/k

i'm a decent golfer, but a better racer. it takes some skillz to do either but i'd never skip a day of racing to go play golf!!!!

2. Ninja250Rider

Ninja250Rider Dad's Little Hooligan

I'm going to have to disagree with you there, I'm probably the worlds worst golfer, but walking 18 holes with a 40+lbs bag on your back is very tiring. I don't know if you have been hit by a golf ball driven off a tee....but i can say it hurts VERY VERY bad. You do get dirty especially if your ball lands in the mud/creek or you take a nice chip of mud w/ your ball. But i find it by far easier to do a track day than to play 18 holes. Golf is very intersting, and can test your limits mentally and physically just like riding a bike. I used to bash golf the same way until i played it.....just my $.02

3. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

You may be right, but all the "golfers" around SoBo are just hillbillies trying to pretend like they're society, so all they do is ride around in those little golf carts.

Darrrin's out there right now just itching to reply to my post. :D :D :D :rock:

Hey, Darrin, you suck for not posting on the BBS anymore, you GOLFER! :Poke:

4. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

i doubt there is a golf BBS site that will ever call bike racers pussies......

5. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

racing

Racing bikes is much harder because it requires 2 BIG balls an Golfers ONLY HAVE ONE little ball

Golf is for gimps.......next time you are teeing off...look around....do you really want to be that guy

:moon:

6. SalKhan

SalKhan Well-Known Member

If being that guy means not being that guy at work on Monday morning, followed by a beer and a burger, fuck yeah I'll be that guy.

And golfers don't call anyone pussies - but that's just a matter of good taste which has the potential of being lost on some people.

7. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

8. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

I been hit by a moron that sliced a 3 iron from about 40 feet away, smacked me right above my left eye...and yep, it hurt, it also knocked me down...

As for golf being for pussies, then I guess you bad a$$'s would have to call Jason Pridmore one...:Poke: I doubt any of you would say it to his face...:p

Both activities are tough to master...and I'd say, do what ya wanna...live, and let live...:rock:

oh...and golfers rule:p :p :p

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Golf is for people who are to old to have sex. My wife told me so.

If your wife/GF gave you clubs, it's a sign. Between sex and golf, she descided to let you practice the one you have a chance of being good at.

10. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

i played golf in high school. only played once or twice a year before my freshman year. I consistently shot 5-7 over in my first year of actually taking on golf as a sport. There is nothing that golf could possibly have on any kind of racing i've done. Be that jumping a dirtbike over 90ft triples,driving a drag car that runs 8.1 @ 172mph, or stickin a knee down on the roadcourse. there is this thing called adrenalin, golf just doesn't get the body to release it.

11. Hard Corps

Hard Corps Well-Known Member

Thanks Stick, that's priceless!

12. grimm705

grimm705 Grimm Reaper

I will take it a step further. Not everyone can ride fast on the track. The speed of it makes people do motorcross. Not to cut on anyone in motorcross cause that is some tuff shit. Everyone says oh I love speed until they have to go that fast. Make friends with your fast.

13. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

every sport has it's own challenges though. while you say roadracing has the presence of speed, in MX the big thing is growing balls to hit the big stuff. Yea, you may start out fearless bustin out the big stuff, it's the one's who break a leg off that triple and then come back from the injury to bust it out again without thinkin twice. i went through that for a few years and just couldn't stand the beating my body was taking. it's one thing to race mx from time to time, but trying to win a championship is killer. 3 races a week for an entire summer will burn you out quick.

14. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

I'd wager the frequency of injury with MX is far higher than roadracing. From personal experience, I've found ther is no good way to fall 15' out of the air, or to 1 1/2 a double.

Ouch.

I've actually taken up golf this year. It is very hard to do well, and the actual mechanics of the swing are very difficult to make consistent. I *always* bashed golf as a discipline, but it is truly challenging in its own way.

The biggest difference between golf and bike racing is that the penalty for being bad at golf is not near the severity of being bad at racing. My ortho and x-rays will attest to this. ;)

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I play golf to relax and drink beer. I ride on the track for the adrenaline rush. Two different sensations.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd actually love to play golf but I'm too cheap for greens fees and refuse to follow the dress code crap.

17. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

my city course is $10 before 6PM and $7 after 6. That's not much money.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No such thing around me, cheapest I know of is $50.

Cincinnati had public courses that were like that.

19. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

The public courses around here aren't too expensive, but their condition is strangely connected to the price to play.

I joined the "club" so it's a once-a-month shot to the wallet. In fact, I only took up golf after I had joined.

I still suck, but it's a great way to spend an afternoon.

20. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I believe that you should save stuff for when you're older and can't do the things you can do in your younger age. If you get all golfed out before you turn 60, then what do you have to look forward to in your retirement? That's my reason for not golfing... that and the fact that racing sucks 120% of my disposable income.