WOW: Picotte & HMC Ducati Racing Split

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Turbo Dog

Turbo Dog Well-Known Member

The begining of the end for HMC. If Chandler signs with Austin/Blue, HMC is S.O.L. unless they get on their knees and beg for Pascal to come back. It's sad when someone that good gets left out in the cold.

2. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Having watched Pascal race FZR's to Ducati's as a fan, I cannot for one minute think that HMC has half a clue. Pascal has had tremendous accomplishments on every piece of machinery he has ever ridden. I watched the interview on SPEED/Daytona and can't find anything "incriminating" to anyone in the interview.

HMC blew it in my opinion.

3. rob996

rob996 Well-Known Member

Bargaining in good faith? or, "it's the only game in town"? I imagine he feels pretty bitter about now.

How do people with zero managerial skills get in charge of race teams?

4. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

They have more money than sense...
    [​IMG]

5. reknelb

reknelb U must have Klingon blood

Why is this team the only factory supported Ducati team in the world that can't seem to get the bike to run up front? Yes, it must be the riders [​IMG] HMC are a joke! O, how I long for the Fast by Feracci days. Maybe Honda can scrounge up another bike for Pascal!

6. TSNolan

TSNolan Well-Known Member

Sure its bad when you are supposed to win races. I'm sure they want instant results like when Bayliss went to FIM and won the first race he was in!And Chandler is not the answer (was good) Both him and Pascal are good but not champ material anymore for the same reason russel retired. The younger guys will push it more and more and the older guys want to wreck less and less. I'm sure there is a lot more than what we read on a web site. Putting a fast lap in for the grid is on thing not nowing who is up front after two laps is another.The guy they need is on a ZtreX7.

7. wera917

wera917 Well-Known Member

Actually Bayliss' first race for Ducati was Sugo 2 years ago - and he crashed out in the first corner in BOTH races. Now granted he was helped into the ground by the locals in both cases...

But on the topic of Pascal, this is just my opinion, but I think Mitch was showing more loyalty to his crew chief than Pascal. And it's pretty obvious that there was a problem between Pascal and the crew chief. But like Pascal says in his interview, why couldn't they sit down and talk face to face like men.

HMC is losing a lot of face over this IMHO. The whole situation is being totally mis-handled.

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

The rules in the AMA aren't quite as slanted toward the twins as they are in Europe. [​IMG]

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

gee, ducati hasn't dominated in the ama since good ole' gobert!!!! [​IMG]

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought Mladin won the champioship the last year Gobert rode for Vance and Hines Ducati?!?! [​IMG]
    Gobert has 8 superbike victories in the AMA seires, all aboard the Ducati.
    In 1999 He had 5 wins and 2 podiums, and came in third in the championship. Ben Bostrom and Mladin finishing ahead for the crown.
    In 1998 he has 3 wins and 3 podiums before getting a ban for failing his drug test.
    Gobert is tied for 12th with Wes Cooley on the all time AMA win chart.
    Ducati hasn't taken the crown in the AMA superbike series since 1994 with Corser.
    Their only other AMA championship was in 1993 with Doug Polen.

11. mad brad

mad brad Guest

they are not all on the ducati. it's more than eight and he won at least twice last year on the yamaha. when is the last time a yamaha won? eddie lawson at daytona.1994. "the yamaha can't win" jamie hacking said. well that's true, with him on board it couldn't. [​IMG]

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Brad, you are correct. 2 wins in 2001. a win at Sears and race two win at Road America. Damn, I thought I could weasel you out of remembering 2001! [​IMG]

13. Hubbard

Hubbard Puff... Puff... Give...

How about Daytona '98 with Russell?

...And Lawson's win was in '93 I believe, since I think Russell won '92, '94, and '95 on the Kaw. I may be wrong, though...

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Actually you are basically right, The AMA archives have Russell winning the Daytona 200 twice on a Yamaha. in 97 and 98. He won in 92, 94, and 95 on the Kawasaki. 93 was Lawson's year to win on the Yamaha at Daytona.

15. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

I can't believe y'all missed it. [​IMG]

Every story and press release talks about Hansen hugging Picotte repeatedly and telling him he was the right guy for "the job". [​IMG]

It's obvious that when Picotte didn't accept Mitch's advances he got pissed and fired him. [​IMG]

16. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I didn't miss it. I posted that very point on another board. You can't trust any man named Mitch that hugs another man that many times... especially at a race track. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. mad brad

mad brad Guest

[​IMG] i noticed that too. he's mad because picotte wouldn't turn.

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

It only took one pat on the butt to turn Anthony Gobert but he was already under contract. [​IMG]

19. mad brad

mad brad Guest

anthony is the highest paid rider in the AMA hmmmmmmmmmmmm that's how he did it! [​IMG]

20. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Oh, come out of your closets, will ya!?