Where can I buy safety wire locally?

Discussion in 'General' started by gawarrior, Apr 22, 2006.

1. gawarrior

gawarrior Well-Known Member

I wanted to wire up my bike today and looked and I am out of safety wire. Are there any local stores that you can buy safety wire from? I am on the southside of Atlanta. And do any chain stores carry it, like Lowes, Home Depot, or Ace hardware??

thanks

2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i've seen it at some harbor freight stores. you can get it at MSP cycles in decatur too, but that might be a drive depending on where you are.

3. gawarrior

My wife is actually going to decatur today...maybe I will get her to pick up some. I am actually in Fayetteville. Where is MSP cycles exactly?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Suzuki of Canton has it but that's a bit of a drive.

5. gawarrior

yeah it is over an hour up there:(

I called Cycle specialty here in fayetteville and they don't have any. He said Home Depot carries something that can be used....any idea what it is, what it is called and if it is legal???

6. Old Wanderer

Old Wanderer Old Quick Guy

Do you have a NAPA store around? They should have it.

7. gawarrior

yeah, actually one right up the street!! I will check up there:up:

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Can't speak for Atlanta specifically, but when I was looking I found Harbor Freight to be the best bet. In Augusta, I tried Lowes, Home Depot, Hardware Stores, Fastener Specialty Stores, Industrial Tool Sales, and most Auto parts chains (including NAPA and performance shops). One or two knew what I wanted but most just had that blank "I don't have a clue" stare.

I ended up ordering on line because Harbor Freight was not here at the time.

9. 2wheelchef

2wheelchef Member

Check with your Snap-On tool rep. if one is close by.
    my rep. keep a good supply in 1/4 # to 1# spools.

10. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Ace hardware has a stainless steel wire for holding picture frames but its kinda thick. I have used it in a pinch though.

Just make sure its the stainless steel and not the galvinized steel or just regular steel.

Its normally in or near the lane with the bolts and screws.

11. gawarrior

Napa had something but they are out of it, lol. I guess I will just order some online and do it next weeke sometime.

my catalyst bodywork should be here any minute so I will work on getting that fitted up then ready to paint.

12. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

msp is off of lawrenceville hwy or us29 right inside the perimeter. call them at 404-325-4121.

13. motopix

motopix Well-Known Member

Sears: .030 stainless MIG wire spools.