1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He shouldn't have been running....

Discussion in 'General' started by Paige, Apr 14, 2006.

1. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i sure hope the cops don't speed if they are over to your homes for a 911 call.

you people are stoopid.

i'd assume you'll want to do away with police as soon as it is convenient.

2. hrc769

hrc769 Well-Known Member

I knew better than to bite on reading this post....I'm way dumber because of it. But it really gives you a good idea of who some people are when one of these threads brings em out of the woodwork ..........stupid fookers

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

5. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    USER REGISTRATION
    REGISTER A GLOBAL USER ACCOUNT

Becoming a registered member is fast and FREE. Just fill out the following information to start enjoying all of AugustaChronicle.com, including world, regional and local news, professional, college and high school sports, Entertainment, Food, Fashion and more. You'll also get access to local news from NewsTimesOnline.com and free, unlimited uploading to Spotted, our online photo-sharing community.

Signing up is as easy as 1, 2, 3!

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sorry, I hate that crap. I'm registered and oviously the link worked for me. Here is the articlce from the April 16th Augusta Chronicle.

Man dies after police chase
    By Jeremy Craig| Staff Writer

Sunday, April 16, 2006

A Martinez man died early Saturday after his motorcycle crashed into a utility pole during a pursuit by Richmond County sheriff's deputies.

Richmond County Chief Deputy Coroner Mark Bowen identified the man as Richard Alan Courtney, 46, of the 200 block of Rose Street.

Mr. Courtney died in the accident after 2 a.m., when the chopper-style motorcycle with high handlebars struck the utility pole as he sped up the 1800 block of Central Avenue near Family Dollar, Mr. Bowen said.

He said an autopsy was performed Saturday morning at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation crime lab on Phinizy Road.

The coroner said alcohol probably was a contributing factor to the accident and that officials learned Mr. Courtney had been at the Honky Tonk in the 1600 block of Gordon Highway before the chase.

Sheriff's deputies first saw Mr. Courtney while he was driving erratically without his lights on, including driving on the wrong side of the road, on Central Avenue near Heard Avenue, said Georgia State Patrol Trooper 1st Class Chris Wright, of the agency's Thomson post.

Mr. Courtney fled when the deputies tried to pull him over, the trooper said. As his driving became more erratic, they backed away.

As they came around a curve near Murphy Street, they saw sparks and smoke, then saw that Mr. Courtney had hit the utility pole.

Trooper 1st Class Wright said Mr. Courtney's driver's license was suspended for a previous charge of driving under the influence, and he also had many warrants for his arrest.

Those warrants included an aggravated assault charge, but the trooper said he wasn't sure from what jurisdiction. Mr. Courtney also faced simple battery and cruelty to children charges in Grovetown, along with a probation violation.

The custom-made motorcycle never had a vehicle identification number assigned to it, as is required by state law, Trooper 1st Class Wright said, and had an old license tag from a 1979 motorcycle affixed.

Mr. Bowen said Mr. Courtney was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, but the helmet was thrown from his head about 25 feet when the motorcycle crashed into the pole.

The front wheel of the motorcycle broke off and traveled 40 feet, he said.

Reach Jeremy Craig at (706) 823-3409 or

7. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

I wonder if the smoke was rider or bike ignition.:eek: :)

Thanks for the details!

8. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

BLAMMO!!!!
    Good one Frank.
    Once a tool, always a tool.

9. 0hi0

0hi0 Husband Killing Tool

At least this tool is still racing...

How's daddy patrol?:up:

10. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

But its ok for you to play 2 out of the 3 :confused: .......

And if the other vehicle had been another police officer?

He obviously violated the law 2 times, had the opportunity to stop the first time, chose not to and killed himself while committing a felony, seems he was a victim of his own poor decision, pure and simple...

11. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

Great, I'm still racing ya tool.
    How many Endurance championships have you won????
    Oh yeah, you can't make it out of the pits yet, get back to me when you have some creds, then you can talk shit to me.
    Junior.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, I take stupid personal on my BBS. Some people contribute to this BBS and occasionally allow a topic to put them over the edge. You however have yet to contribute anything that I can remember however I continually see you making posts that are lies about what others have said to prove a "point" that doesn't actually exist.

So now since you got blown out of the water because your posts were a waste of bandwidth and contributed nothing nor did they actually help what you are trying to say is your side of this issue, you're going to try and use others actual semi-logical reasoning? Sorry but it doesn't make you less of a waste of space one here to repeat their posts, we all saw them the first time from the people actually smart enough to make them.

I also don't care how you feel when your "feelings" have no basis in reality.

13. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

If you consider that fool a fellow biker then I'm sorry for your loss. Personally, I don't feel every one who has keys to a street bike is a fellow biker. This guy and guys like him, are the reason I haven't ridden either of my sport bikes on the road in over two years. Sport bikes have become a target for law enforcement, and with good reason. High speed chases, buzzing though traffic at triple digits, interstate wheelie contests. Not to mention the number of unqualified riders killing themselves every year being stupid.

The public and insurance companies have a very negative view of sport bikes. And the rider killed in Georgia is just one more reason to have it. As I see it.. if this behavior continues, the feds will do something rid to the problem. When you can only buy a GSX-R 125 limited to 75mph, you'll know who's to blame.

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:stupid: The mentality that we should defend this guy because he is a biker just pisses me off.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Crap. Does this mean I have to mindlessly defend people that drive trucks, RV's, Jeeps, and ATV's too? Well shit then no one will ever be responsible for their actions if that's how it works. Or could it be the people who are always looking for others to blame that want that?

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

This argument seems rather a rather poor justification for not riding a sportbike on the street. I ride sportbikes on the street, have even been pulled over a couple of times on them and haven't gotten a ticket (I wasn't engaged in "hijinks", though, just < 10mph over speeding).

Plenty of cruiser dudes go bar hopping, get blasted and then die everyweek, but I won't stop riding my cruiser because they do stupid crap. And the older crowd is where the biggest increase in fatalities are occuring, BTW.

Danforth, part deux? Doubtful. Leastways, not here. Canadians may not be so lucky.

http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/2006/Quebec.asp

A more likely scenario is an escalation in what is already occuring, where it costs a fortune to insure a sportbike. Perhaps also new laws aimed squarely at the squiddly behavior you describe.

17. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

:D

Cross me off your list. I've deserved every ticket I've ever received. The ass whuppins' from Mama and Daddy too.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here. Maybe that's why this whole lack of responsibility is confusing to me.

Since I have to blindlyh side with people who drive the same vehicle I do I am confused - if I drive the pickup truck today do I blindly fight on the side of the county worker? What happens if I drive the Jeep to work then ride the bike this afternoon some? I am just sooooo confused!!!!

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

so, who's defending him?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have you read the thread?