1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He shouldn't have been running....

Discussion in 'General' started by Paige, Apr 14, 2006.

1. 0hi0

0hi0 Husband Killing Tool

Low blow... But I'll take it on the chin.
    Don't worry, your pits are safe this year. At least till the GNF:up:
    But thanks for being an ass...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  2. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Why do you say that? That has nothing to do with the topic. He was acting illegally, endangering god knows how many people and you seem to think it's ok? Granted, like I said before, its a shame he was killed. But it all leads back to a choice he made by running from the police. His action caused set the whole scenerio in motion...

3. 0hi0

0hi0 Husband Killing Tool

Running is very stupid. I have a problem with a "city working" playing judge, jury and executioner...:up:

4. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Nope, just one or 2 people missing the point.;)

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

:stupid:

6. patracy

patracy I can change this????

Stupid hurts.

7. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Grandma got run over by a reindeer. Speedy Speedy Won't Repeaty broad sided a county workers vehicle. Thems' the facts at present...

8. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

If this is the case, the guy in the track should be convicted of the appropriate crime and the city is going to write a huge check to this guys family. This will never go to a jury because the award could be over the top.

9. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

Law enforcement should never engage in a high speed chase with a motorcycle.

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

wow.

people amaze me.

11. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

You know it's true, you just want to argue:Poke:

12. mad brad

mad brad Guest

aren't you the dumb fuck posting shit you have no idea about on stranger's classified ads? :Poke:

"law enforcement should never engage a criminal that might kill himself if he doesn't obey simple commands".

that is what you said, and you still amaze me. don't worry, there are a couple of other dumb fucks that are standing behind you as well. i'm just amazed that the law allowed your parents to keep you.

13. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

The best dang form of comedy there is. Real life idiots. :up:

14. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

We don't know that what happened that why, as you have point out repeatedly, its still under investigation.

We know for a fact that the motorcyclist was breaking the law. We do not know if the city worker was breaking any law he might have just been driving home.

Also if the state has a good semaritin(sp) law he might get off scott free even if he did pull out to help the police.

I'll be honest, if I ever see a motorcycle, or a car for that matter, running from the cops headed in the direction of my kids he better hope I'm not in my car. I'll do the time to keep my family safe.

15. STT-Rider

The law you are referring to covers asstance to LEO in peril, not a vigilante trying to "score one for the good guys". Clearly the LEO was never in any danger here except the risk of the pursuit itself.

16. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

But how would I know that? Maybe he had shot a cop and thats why he was running away. It still a good defense. Oh and I think the law is not just for cop but all people.

It has something to do with not being sued if you hurt someone while trying to render ad. Like say if you crush someones ribs doing CPR.

EDIT: For the record I have no idea how loose the law is writen.

17. STT-Rider

You are correct about the law, it was designed to protect nice guys like you or me (probably not Brad though) who render aid such as CPR or first aid and protect us against law suits. Most have a clause "unconcious equals an autmatic plea for help" and stuff like that as well I believe.

18. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Let's clarify a couple points:

Nobody on here thinks that this guy should have been running. We all know that he'd still be alive if he would have just pulled over (barring something crazy.)

There are those on here arguing that the civilian probably didn't have the right to intentionally strike this man. By hearing that argument, the rebuttal from others is that he shouldn't have been running. NO SHIT! We're all in agreement there.

I believe that we as citizens have the right, if are not morally obligated to protect innocent lives from the dangers that criminals subject us to. But, this civil servant had better have good cause to intentionally take the life of the fleeing biker. I'm not saying he didn't have the right, because I don't know the details.

I'm sure many of the people on this board have witnessed somone endangering the public by their driving, more so than this man fleeing from the police. I suggest next time you see someone driving erratically on the street, you should kill them. They're a law breaker, and if they wouldn't have been driving so fast/erratically, you wouldn't have felt compelled to kill them, thus they would be alive. Damn criminals.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He chose to run, he chose to take the chance of being killed, he does indeed deserve the consequences of his choices. Truly sucks for the kid and family.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hank, you have finally hit the point of too stupid for the WERA BBS. I've given you a number of chances to actually be a part of conversations here however as your above statement proves - you can't pull it off for whatever reason. Go away now.