1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody have the Astar MX-1 suit??

Discussion in 'General' started by Spooner, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Looking for something different for this season-I have a motogp now but I am sick of looking like the other 20 million guys at the track with the same damn suit :D

Anyways, the main reason to change is the ventilation is 'so-so' on the 'roo suit so I thought I would try to find something better. In all the photos I see you can't really tell what level of venting the suit has so I thought I might see if someone had one already. Also if there is anything you do or don't like about it let me know!

-Nick

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Looks to have LESS venting than your MotoGP suit and a lot less than the Alpinestars Replica suit.

3. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

I'm not sure what Alpinestars' thinking is on ventellation. The MX-1 has solid front chest panels, with the arms and legs fully ventellated.

This seems to be the case with most of their suits. The only thing we can come up with is that they figure that your chest isn't going to be getting much air anyway since it's laying on the tank most of the time. But that's just a wild guess on our part into their design decisions.

- Roach

4. Spooner

Yeah, in the PU catalog you can only see the perf in the legs. The motogp suit has a lot of perf, but the damn holes are so small it seems no air gets in... I was hoping the pic was crappy and its actually full perf'ed with holes big enough to see through the suit with :D

-Nick

5. Spooner

Its madening how hard it is to find a suit with decent perforation! I had a JR Speedmaster a few years back and the venting rocked but it was too big for me. The new one looks like a damn robot so thats out (yes looks to matter a little bit when I shell out a ton of cash for a suit). I was thinking of getting the Teknic violator suit (what a dumbass name!) but a buddy has one and had two minor spills in it and its getting pretty torn up, but the venting looks great, but the neck looks like it doesn't really fit or something wierd is going on there. Any other suggestions guys??

-Nick

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You want venting? Go get RS Taichi.

7. Spooner

yeah, a bit spendy though for me... I can get them, but I like to wear the stuff I sell (I manage a shop here in KC). I really like the stuff that I can get the best hookup on too...lol!

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Alpinestars Replica suit. Pricey as all hell but it's got venting.

9. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

Honestly, we just got in and sold one of the A* Stage suits. For the money you can't beat it. Also, the all black one we got was fuly perfed in the chest, which is definately not what the pictures and info from alpinestars show/say.

- Roach

10. ybracing

ybracing Well-Known Member

all joking aside... doesn't something exist to just pop some holes in non-perf leathers? Like and aerator for your yard, but just run it over your leathers?

11. Spooner

Actually I was just thinking that-why couldn't someone who does leather repair perf a suit more..??

-Nick

12. Jamie Prohm

Jamie Prohm Active Member

I have just received a MX-1 suit and it is pretty BAD-ASS. I got the GP-tech gloves to match and alpinestars seems to make some nice stuff. My previous two suits were SPIDI and I just wanted to try something new.

13. Spooner

Is there only venting in the legs and arms??

14. Jamie Prohm

Jamie Prohm Active Member

suit

There is no venting on chest and parts of the legs but the quality is awesome. I feel that it is definately sufficient though.

15. TheGrouch

TheGrouch Well-Known Member

Barnacle Bill does perfing, right?

16. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

YES

we can perf about any leather suit. call for priciing. 859 336 7375 . thanks bill and darethea