Gateway race

Discussion in 'General' started by Stimy25, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Stimy25

Stimy25 Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a hotel to stay that is resonably close to Gateway in St. Louis? If so, what is the track like?

2. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Can't recommend a hotel since I close enough to drive, but I can provide a link to a track map which is real close to how it came out, http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/images/gateway/g97road.gif

It's mostly left turns. It's kinda small and slow but relatively nice, and there is no hiding the fact that it is a road course built into a NASCAR oval.

3. andydavis

andydavis Active Member

check Collinsville Illinois. Stay away from E St Louis. Thats if you want your shit to still be there in the morning. There are a few on the Missouri side also, but they're gonna be more costly. I live about 20 minutes from Gateway.

4. Hubbard

Hubbard Puff... Puff... Give...

Just curious who all will be there?

5. Pam_G

Pam_G Banned

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Troy, IL last October. Right along the highway, 10-15 minutes from Gateway. I think the room was $40/night, but check at www.redroof.com for current prices, etc.

6. Speedballer

Speedballer Banned

If you have/bring a 19 year old sister or daughter, you can stay at my place [​IMG]

7. Tracy S

Tracy S Well-Known Member

Any hotel in Collinsville IL will be good. There are plenty and they are about 5 min. down 55/70. Another choice is Fairview Heights, IL. Its about 10 min. away on I-64 and there are plenty of choices there as well.

The track is as fun as a small track inside a Nascar oval can be. The only difference I can remember from the track map shown above is that they dont use the big corner on the Superspeedway anymore. You cut down on the entrance to pit road that is about 50ft. to the inside of Nascar turns 3 & 4 and then go through a chicane back up onto the Superspeedway front straight.