Problem with DUNLOP tires

Discussion in 'General' started by Rodney Vest #310, Mar 12, 2006.

1. cu260r6

cu260r6 Well-Known Member

It's fine to run a new tire on one end of the bike and a used one on the other. Case in point: Several endurance teams do an entire race on one front with a rear change in the middle.

2. Rodney Vest #310

Rodney Vest #310 Well-Known Member

Better them then me. It is just the fact I bought a set not just a rear or front. The key to this whole thread is to show what the tires are doing not weather I can run a new rear witha old front. Thanks for your reply

3. Hatchman

Hatchman Speedaholic

I've seen lots of Avons do that before, if that's any consolation...

Yeah, probably not.

4. Rodney Vest #310

Thanks for the input:rock:

5. 1qwik6?

1qwik6? Well-Known Member

Trying to understand here...so if the same thing were to happen on a car, the tire manufacturer should replace all 4?

6. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

7. crikey

crikey Well-Known Member

New racers how NOT to handle a situation that could have easily been sorted out with a phone call to the right people ;)

8. Rodney Vest #310

If they kept on having the problem with the tires YES. If it only happend once no and that is the case here. They replaced it once and would not replace it the second time because it had not come apart all the way. So the 3rd time I needed them replaced. I am tired of haveing to buy front tires after a defect in the rear and it has become an everyweekend thing.

9. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

i hate to say this, but yes, and they did. Firestone blowouts. They replace all 4 on my 99 Expedition (biggest POS ive ever owned BTW.)

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Firestone issue was a totally different thing than this though.

11. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

:D i know, but it just sounded good.

12. Rodney Vest #310

HOW ? I am sure he was not laying over on the side wall in his expidition.....:Puke:

13. Rodney Vest #310

I called dunlop and took the tire to dunlop:Puke: So who are the right people.

14. crikey

crikey Well-Known Member

you are way past trying to resolve this situation, you chose to grandstand instead :up:

15. 1qwik6?

1qwik6? Well-Known Member

Hehe.

16. Rodney Vest #310

If you think you could do better then I will sell you the set of tires at cost and you can call who ever you need too to get a new set or settle for just a rear:bow: .

17. crikey

crikey Well-Known Member

I have been in a situation where the Dunlops I was running had issues, I didnt log on to (at least) 2 different message boards just to spread shit about the tire and how I was treated.

The problems were fixed, I was happy, and the relationship I had built with the supplier and vendor still exists. This year I am running on a different brand (nothing to do with the issue) but I still have a great relationship with the Dunlop guys :up:

18. Rodney Vest #310

I didnt log to 2 diffrent web sites and talk shit either the first 2 times it happend and yes I said 2 times. It was the third time I had a defect with the product. the bottom line is they do not care about their customers and that is the bottom line. If you are in good standings with dunlop and like how they treated you then you run the tires, but like you said you had problems too. I did try to contact the right people and they are ass holes to there customers in person and on the phone. So like I said in the previous reply you are free to buy the tires and ride off on you marry way with your brokeback mountain dunlop buddy on the back.:moon:

19. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

I was going to point out how everyone knew at both Firestone and Ford there was an issue with design...but the Dunslop people are starting to sound just like that as well!:wow:

20. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This