Chad Hedrick vs. Shani Davis

Discussion in 'General' started by Buckwild, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Strick

Strick Good to be king

His interview to other countries right after the NBC was said to be very good. His interview after the medal ceremony was pretty good. I don't think he has any problem expressing himself.

I guess I am being a "geezer" (as called in another thread) but I expect a little more class from Olympic athletes. THey are not just representing themselves or their pro team, they are representing their country.

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

You are supposed to act like a wild man and state your country is the best ever when you win...if not, you are an ass. :D

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Maybe they are pissed at the american press/american nbc reporters because of the stupid ass questions they have been asking.

4. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Seems there are very few blacks competing, how come black people don't really do water sports, winter or summer?

5. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

refer to my first posts... he was upset at NBC for making a big deal out of nothing and portraying him unfairly...

why is loving NBC a requirement?

6. r6_philly

very few venues in inner city... and its too cold... it isn't a racist thing but most blacks I know hates the cold. they want to stay warm in the winter time lol

7. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

NBC News alert

I think this is a LOAD of crap.. How dare Shani Davis focus on the individual race he has trained for... I mean it is so selfish that he focus on winning his race and becoming the first Black American to win an individual gold in the winter Olympics.. His efforts would have guaranteed the American team a victory in the team challenge, he selfishly robbed all of America...

Some one needs to clue in NBC and its reports that the Olympics are not about them... I think I will do my part to s end that message with my channel changer.... :up:

8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

My husband loved the snow/cold when he went to college in Wisconsin.....other than him I don't know any other black person who likes the cold. :D

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Can't answer about swimming.

But sailing and skiing are a lot more expensive than basketball or track & field.

10. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Well he did a fine job of portraying himself didn't he.

He doesn't have to love NBC but when they are the only ones showing the coverage in your country removing the chip you have for them off you shoulder would have been the classy thing to do.

Oh and can you show me where he said that the interview was based on any ill will towards NBC??

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Your husband is just strange...:D

12. Strick

Strick Good to be king

His choice of spouse should have been the first indication of that.:D

13. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:D For the first time that statement has nothing to do with the fact that he married me. :D

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Damn it.....:D

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And why do you think I said that? :D

16. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Well Paigey Poo seemed to think you had other reasons.:D

17. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

18. r6_philly

that was just my guess. you act like you have never been upset at anyone or any company... apparently according to you he represented his country very well to the rest of the world.

Thats just how the guy wanted to act in front of a NBC camera... just live with it.

if you feel like he is an ass, so be it. Apparently we are divided on this issue, and the world will remember him as a great skater who won gold.

if you actually judge him to be an ass because you saw it on NBC, then I pity u :Poke:

in all seriousness you can't judge anyone by a TV interview, hosted by Bob Costas out of all people... you just CAN'T take it seriously.

19. r6_philly

I played against quite a few black kids back in the day that had a shot at a good college career and maybe pro's, but it just cost too much and it isn't very widely supported or popular in the community.

They played in an open air rink with very choppy ice... they were damn good, but I don't think anyone pursued anything other than pickup games and local leagues.

If there are any scouts that came along and try to get them to play for colleges some would have made it I know. But there are just no doors open to them and no support (financial or other)

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

LMAO!!