1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SanDisk issue

Discussion in 'General' started by Pepe Le Ghey Pew, Feb 17, 2006.

1. I have a SanDisk, and it's worked before just fine, and still does work on others computers. I haven't been able to use since I installed a Network harddrive in our office. I didn't think about it at the time, but when I assigned the Netdrive I assigned it as E:. I think that is what my USB assigns my SanDisk. So now when I try to use my SanDisk the computer say's it works, but I don't see it in MY COMPUTER. It don't show an icon for my SanDisk. Do I need to reassign the Netdrive? If so how do I go about that? I would think that the SanDisk should just jump to the next drive letter and my laptop should recognize that and show up...but it's not! Need help please.

Mike

2. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

what os? u need drivers for 98 and maybe 2000.

3. XP. Like I said the SanDisk worked until I assigned the Network Harddrive to E: drive...

4. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

The sandisk and network disk are trying to use the same drive letter.

Click
    Start . . .
    Accessories . . .
    Administrative Tools . . .
    Computer Management . . .
    Then double click Storage . . .
    Then Disk Management . . .
    You should see your Sandisk is the bottom pane.
    Right click on the SanDisk and select Change Drive Letter and Paths . . .

Give it an unused drive letter and you are back in business.

5. raiden163

raiden163 Well-Known Member

If you want to assign a new letter to the drive, and you have Windows 2000 or Windows XP (I hope you don't have anything older), you can right click on my Computer, then select Manage. A window will pop up- check the left pane and click Disk Management. You can change the drive letter by right-clicking on the appropriate drive.

6. raiden163

raiden163 Well-Known Member

Ryan beat me to it...

7. Sweeetttt!!! Thanks fella's! Much appreciated!