1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Jocks

Discussion in 'General' started by Jugglenutz, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

Is there a type of program that will let me clone all the settings/programs from one computer and let me dump them to another? I'm trying to set up a network...and we have about 10 computers that need setup...2 are up and working perfectly...but they were done by the techs from the company we bought our new systems from...so i'm trying to duplicate the settings on the one computer to all the computers...anyone know of a program that can do this? Thanks

2. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

Ghost

3. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

so you're transferring "settings" FROM computer A to computer B. You have to ask yourself if you have anything on computer B that you want to keep, if so, you cannot use ghost, as it basically images the entire hard drive from computer A and copies to computer B, thereby turning computer B, into a second computer A. You could try the included windows file and settings transfer wizard, it's a pretty basic program but might work for your "settings"

4. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

Cool...i think we have norton ghost already too...I'll give it a shot...thanks guys :)

5. heavy penny

heavy penny I like to make slide

Ghost WILL not work unless you have the exact same system, same chip set, drivers, etc. If you just want the confiuration, files, background, etc, use the file and transfer wizard in Windows XP or download System Migration assistant from Lenovo http://www.pc.ibm.com/us/migration/index.html

:up:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  6. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

MCSE in action. That's another reason they call him....

HEAVY PENNY :beer:

7. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

System Policy Editor.

8. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

or just take good notes....lazy bastids.

9. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Good idea, Frank... That might be fun to watch - Jeff creating system policies. :D