Anyone worn the Arai XD?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As the subject line says - anyone tried one yet? I'm looking for a new dirt helmet and this looks interesting.

2. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

3. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

It is my new favorite helmet. I wear it on sporty rides in the mountains (love the visor for the late afternoon and early morning sun), putting around the neighborhood and riding up at Nitro Acres -- everything.

Get one.

Dreb

4. mcracr

mcracr 2smoke racing 4 life!

I like it - works well and there's not too bad wind drag at normal hwy cruising speeds. but if you're pushing 70 plus, it gets a little noisy and there's some buffeting. I swap between that and my RX7RR helmet depending on my trip on my KTM Duke (twisties vs. long straight rides).

Scott

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool, thanks for the info!

It's be mostly off road but some street duty on the DRZ depending on my mood. I've got an RX7RR as well so that's the main street helmet.

Had the VX Pro or whatever it is but it's now 6 so time for retirement to the office bookshelf.

Hey Dreb - got Bruces number handy? :D Just kidding, rather he takes care fo racers.

6. richthorn

richthorn Active Member

Miles has a XD and loves it . He wears it for supermoto and short track because of excellant periferel vision compared to goggles. BP can be hard to get in touch with as Miles needs a new helmet for RRace. Miles is excited about upcoming season on 125. Thanks Evelyn , Sean and all others who thought he was ready to move up.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sweet, I ordered mine on the way to the office this morning. :)

BP is on the show circuit right now so yeah, it'll be a bit before he can get back to you I'm sure.