calling canadian gun control advocates...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by mad brad, Dec 27, 2005.

1. mad brad

mad brad Guest

interpretation??????? you have the title, and keys to me frank. drive me whenever you wish. :D

2. allan416519

allan416519 Well-Known Member

(RE: who benefits from auto industry)

Hey. I just got back in from watching the US go home meda-less when the Finns (a country with less population than Chicago) showed them how real men play a man's game. And then, to top it off, Canada wins Gold by shutting out the Russians, the same team that smoked the weak US team the game before.

Ah well.

No, US car companies lose money. Only theri non-car making businesses (IE, loans/financing) make real big dollars any more.

It's the employees/spin off businesses (IE, trucking, part suppliers that benefit from the auto industry.

Go ask any industry analyst or watch how Toyota 'ownz' all of the (former) big three.

In industry, like hockey, the US is second rate. You have the advantage but are losing it.

3. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Sounds about right, ecspecially concerning Toyota. They have set standards as far as Supply Chain Mgmt goes.

4. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Frank, you should be ashamed of yourself, quoting the CAW as fact. :eek:

5. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

1992-93 - Montreal Canadiens

The last time a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  6. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

uh huh, there are way more american teams now, and canadians make up most of the players. so while there hasnt been a canadian "team" there has certainly been canadians that have won. did ya just watch the junior world championships this week?? WE WON the championship game against russia with a shut out, had the least goals scored against us (6 in the whole tournament - new record) and didnt suffer a single loss. sounds pretty good to me!

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

so.... in essence..... even canadian hockey players know that canada sucks, and want to live here.

interesting.

and, shut up gixer1100, you moved here. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2006
  8. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Cars don't kill people. . . drivers do.

9. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Great negotiators, too, aren't they. :D

10. You can have my car when you pry my cold, dead ass from the seat!

11. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

What do you mean WE? Did you play?

<J/K> Congrats. :up:

Too bad they didn't show the games here in SC (on cable).

12. mark600

mark600 Well-Known Member

You must be joking. How about he goes to switzerland and walks into the SIG reatil storefront and buys one......idiot.

13. You don't know much about the gun laws in Switzerland, do you?

14. mark600

I'll let you know when I get back from the next Schuetzenfest. Look it up. Maybe you don't know much about what my two Swiss engineers were required to keep in their closets. Of course you must have a permit for some types of firearms.....unless you were in the militia.....which means pretty much every male born and raised in Switzerland. They have gun shops like we have McDonalds [and big macs are more deadly by the way]. Since 2001 their concealed carry permits have gotten more restrictive but it is absurdly easy to buy a gun from a private citizen and relatively easy to get a 3 gun commercial purchase permit. Fortunately their carry permit laws require a test/demonstration of skill. Why don't we do that here? All you need in most counties in the US is a lack of criminal record.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn, knowledge and experience have no place here!

I just love watching a bitchslap in the morning :D

16. mark600

Sorry, I forget that's not appropriate here.

BTW, I love Switzerland. Clean air, good food and lots and lots of guns.:Poke:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

18. BigNoseBob

BigNoseBob Well-Known Member

I know it's a waste of time to argue with uneducated back woods rednecks about owning guns......but make an attempt to understand this>

When our Founding Fathers wrote that we shall "bear arms"....they sure as hell didn't invision semi automatic and automatic weopons that spit out 50 rounds a minute. Our Founding Fathers were referring to a single shot handgun or longrifle that took 3 minutes to prepare to fire ONE shot.

Folks in the South are gun crazy. They will swear to you that they need an AR-15...and a Grenade launcher to defend their home. If any of you rednecks believe that...you're crazy as hell. If they passed a law making a redneck pass an IQ test before he could own a gun....there wouldn't be any guns in the South. The only folks that would own a gun would have at least a high school education.

And as far as Southerners fighting to keep their guns if a gun ban law was enforced? PFFT! One bomb to the Anhieser Busch beer plant....and every redneck would surrender their guns immediatly.
    Only one thing is more important to a redneck than a gun. BEER.

oK....I'm done.....carry on. :bow:

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Shut yer stink'n Pie Hole........I got single shots, and AR' s and AK's and it is None of your beezwax what I do with them..
    Noone tells you how many motorcycle you can own or how fast they can go right??? so why do I need someone to tell me how fast my guns should fire or how big of a round I can have??

:p

and 50 rnds a min is fkn SLOW.......kinda like a PC800

20. mad brad

mad brad Guest