Question on Jetting - SV with different size jets

Discussion in 'General' started by ProPerformance, Dec 29, 2005.

1. ProPerformance

ProPerformance Rather be riding

Just pulled the carbs out of a used SV and wanted to check and/or change the jetting. Noticed the carbs had different size main jets. 150 and 152.5 from what I remember.

Anyone ever see this before and/or is there a reason for it other than the guy that jetted it either didn't have two of the same jets or couldn't read the numbers on the jet or pulled them out of the same bin and never looked at them when doing the install.

Also, anyone know the trick jetting for a suporsport SV with a full exhaust?

2. wookie

wookie Well-Known Member

rear cyl runs hotter, thats why the jets are different

JB

3. nationalchamp99

nationalchamp99 Well-Known Member

4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

is your air filter SS legal.by jet sizes looks like filter is been cut open.

5. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

The fastest stock 1st gen SV I raced against had 142s in it.That's at Florida sea level.72hp on pump gas.152s sound huge.Is the motor cut?

6. ProPerformance

ProPerformance Rather be riding

sv

Motor is stock with factory air box and K@N filter. Haven't had her on a dyno yet.

7. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Get rid of that K&N.Those bikes run much better with paper filters

8. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

front/rear cylinder jets different size part makes sense. However, I would think that someone has race gas in that bike or had it in there. Race gas (Nutec or MR1) typically calls for larger jet size. My 1st gen SV makes 74 HP on MSPs dyno with Intake cams in the exhaust and 135 main jets in both carbs, pump gas and the stock filter. If you have an open mouthed K&N I would think about 140- 142.5 for jet size, with needle in the third position.

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

That, and I used Yosh MJN needles. We ran 150/152 also.Using MR1

Last edited: Dec 30, 2005