1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayer Request

Discussion in 'General' started by rcrgirl84, Dec 13, 2005.

1. rcrgirl84

rcrgirl84 Danger Kitty!!

Hi all,

Many of you do not know me, but I've seen in the past the wonders and good things that prayer requests and good thoughts on the WERA BBS have done. My mom was in a serious car accident early Sunday morning in South Africa. She is currently in the Trauma ICU unit in a hospital in Pretoria. I will be leaving on Saturday morning and will arrive there on Sunday. I was already scheduled to go there this weekend for two weeks to spend the holidays with her in Cape Town, but instead I will now be by her bedside in the hospital.

Right now she needs all the prayers she can get.

We're not sure of all the details of the accident as her's was the only car involved. Her car is totalled, from what I hear it flipped end over end for about 80 meters. She has no external injuries, all internal from the impact of the flipping car.

Currently the injuries that we know of are two fractured vertebrae in her lower back, fractured skull, three broken ribs from her seatbelt, bruised heart, and blood on her left lung from the broken ribs. They have been keeping her sedated as to keep her still and not cause any more damage to her lung from the broken ribs. She is scheduled for surgery tomorrow afternoon to place a plate in her back as well as do bone transplants.

I'll know more about her injuries when I speak to the doctors myself on Sunday when I arrive there. At this point I think everybody is sugarcoating everything for me until I actually get there.

From what I understand, she is stable and was awake today, but is in A LOT of pain and a lot of discomfort.

What I would like to do on Friday before I leave work is to print out all the prayers and well wishes for her to show her that even people that do not know her are praying for her and hoping that she'll have a speedy, full recovery.

I thank you all in advance!

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Prayers and well wishes on their way...

3. rcrgirl84

rcrgirl84 Danger Kitty!!

Thanks so much for sticking this, I really do appreciate it!!!

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No worries, anything to help Mom out if we can.

5. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Prayer for Mom from Houston.

David

6. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

We'll be thinking of your Mom. i hope all goes well.

Keep us posted, OK?

7. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

My family and I will be keeping her in our thoughts, and hoping for good news.

8. Nguyen

Nguyen Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers for mom from Tennessee

9. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Prayers from Winston-Salem

10. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Prayers from Georgia. Keep us posted on her condition.

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Thoughts & Prayers from North Carolina

12. Randal03r1

Randal03r1 Well-Known Member

Prayers from Ohio! Please update us on her condition. God Bless.

13. T-Shirt Racing

T-Shirt Racing Well-Known Member

I have already prayed for her and will continue to.
    John Hart, North Carolina

14. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Prayers and best wishes from Minnesota!

15. dave333

dave333 traveler

prayers and kind thoughts for you and your mom. humble prayers for a safe trip for you...

16. TRUBL MKR

TRUBL MKR Active Member

Prayer

I pray for a speedy recovery for your mother, and a safe trip for you. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family this weekend!

17. iHs81

iHs81 Well-Known Member

Prayers for a complete recovery

18. mad brad

mad brad Guest

done, and done.

any decent trauma team should be able to deal easily with those injuries. :up:

19. Smiley Pete

Smiley Pete mayor of never never land

Natasha - I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts will be with you. If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask. Fugi knows how to get in touch.

20. RedBull72

RedBull72 Sticker Pimp

Prayers and well wishes from all of us