1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charlie Horses

Discussion in 'General' started by TPR691, Dec 6, 2005.

1. TPR691

TPR691 Well-Known Member

Am I alone on this? Does anyone else suffer from these? Aside from stretching and getting loose - I just don't know how to beat em. Especially when I jump on the bike wrong..... Oooow! And im beating my hip as I make my way thru the paddock.

:confused:

2. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Eat some 'nanners.

Bad cramps can be caused by low potassium and calcium levels.... I was told.

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I got them from drinking too much Gatorade.

4. The CHAD

The CHAD Well-Known Member

As a side note, TUMS is a very good source for calcium.

5. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

and drink 8 glasses of wa wa a day...75% of Americans are Deeehaydrated...:(

6. racerxxx96

racerxxx96 Well-Known Member

low potassium.. get a potassium supplement... also when at the track you can try a couple salt tablets and potassium tablets will help with cramping...... dehydration also causes cramping the salt will help retai nsome water......

7. TPR691

TPR691 Well-Known Member

Awesome! Very good info. Thanks!

:clap:

Will take mental note.

8. motopix

motopix Well-Known Member

Careful with those Potassium supplements, that stuff can be deadly if you have other conditions or take it in excess.

9. AustinClark

AustinClark Well-Known Member

i feel ya dog i get them all the time i skateboard and sometimes if i land wrong i get one in my leg the muscle tightens up and it hurts really bad ...ouch

i even get them on the bike and i cant really ride when i get them...:(

10. TPR691

TPR691 Well-Known Member

I used to take all them crazy supplements. Didn't really do anything positive for the long term affects....:down:

11. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Getting in shape is the most important, stretch out beforehand and don't let yourself become dehydrated.

12. bolemastus

bolemastus Well-Known Member

just make sure your getting a good supply of H2O the day before and the day of the event. Most cramps are from going into an early stage of dehydration.
    Also, calcium tablets will help but only if the water is there.

13. Atom Tan

Atom Tan A.C.'s little secret

Yeah the potassium thing....

My Ex used to get Charlie horse type cramps while we were having strenuous sex. I had to let her go...

Now that she is having sex with bananas- I never hear anything about cramps.

14. Atom Tan

Atom Tan A.C.'s little secret

tough crowd

15. TPR691

TPR691 Well-Known Member

That's funny shit!