1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pay pal transactions

Discussion in 'General' started by sanee, Nov 27, 2005.

1. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

hey guys and gals
    i am looking to receive a little under $2K through a paypal transaction. I have signed up for a Merchant account at the moment. Can i receive those funds from the bank the next day?

2. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You have to accept the payment, then transfer it to you bank.If you are just activating your account, paypal will send two deposits to your bank account. Then you have to confirm those deposit amounts. So you probabaly won't see the money for a week.

4. franklaw996

franklaw996 Well-Known Member

plus they will get their cut and it adds up

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Right $2000 they will take around $75

6. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i got all that
    but once that is all done will i be able to withdraw that amount

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You have to transfer it to your bank, then you withdraw from there.

8. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

with the merchant account will i be able to redraw that $2K out of there in day

9. franklaw996

no...you must receive the funds in paypal. they will get their cut. your "balance" will be something less than the $2k. You may then elect how to receive those funds. One option is to withdraw them to a certified accoutn as stated earlier. this process takes 2-3 days once the account is certified which it sounds like you must still accomplish. other than that there are indeed other ways to recieve your money but I am unsure how long they take but I do know paypal charges extra for that. you would have to ask paypal. i am sure I speak for about everyone here that I have never done anything other than transfer money to my certified account for free in order to minimize the additional $$ that paypal gets. aside from the 2-3 days part, it is easy and reliable, good luck.

10. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

uhh, isnt there a $500 dollar a month cap on how much you can swap to your bank account? or did they remove that?

11. franklaw996

maybe with some accounts. some have different rules than others. the business acct allows you to accept credit card payments but yanks a % whether it comes from a cc or a cash transfer. kinda shifty

12. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

thanks guys
    everything sound be fine
    just gonna take a few days thats all