1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers needed!! Cavan Tubbs Needs your prayers

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawdog78, Nov 6, 2005.

1. gixxerjosh

gixxerjosh Captain America's Flunky

I want to thank everyone for the support and love. Cavan truly IS an incredible being. I use the word IS because even though he is not physically with us he will always live on in our hearts.

Last night a couple of us drove to Shands Hospital in Gainesville to see Cavan and say our good byes while he was still on life support. As I sat beside Cavan in his corner of ICU, just he and I at that point, I realized how blessed I am to have had him in my life and to have him in my heart. Cavan had a way of be-friending everyone and certainly had a heart that was made from solid gold, and if you ever saw him ride you would think pumped VP fuel instead of blood! I know that a lot of you know what I am talking about. He lived his life with his head tucked and on the gas! Always looking for a challenge to better his life and always teaching us how be better people. At his age he accomplished more than most and had more going for him than anyone I know. Cavan has touched many lifes and made many friends. He will be very missed but never forgotten.

I pray for you Lauren, your family, Cavans family and all of our friends. I pray for you Cavan, I know you will be watching over us all and keeping us safe and brave as we accomplish our life goals. I thank you God for bringing Cavan into our lives and for bringing our circle of friends so close together.

Thank you all for your support and prayers

Godspeed Cavan, You will live forever in our hearts

2. JeebusX

JeebusX The Suomy Guy...

Dammit, I am sitting here at work going through the paces but I am not really here. I feel so hollow:(

At least I have memories of him to keep me company. Our 700+ mile ride to Lake Tahoe, drinking too much tequila on New Year's Eve, trackdays at Laguna Seca :D

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:( Hang in there guys. So so sorry.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I can't add anything because I just can't add to what's already been said. All I know is I feel like a true friend passed and I never met Caven.

Godspeed and all my best to his family and friends.

5. gixxerjosh

I know how you feel Donny. I haven't been able to focus on anything without something reminding me of Cavan. Doug and I are at Laurens parents house right now waiting for Lauren and her mother to arrive as well as other family and friends.

I am so happy and thankful that Cavan had someone like yourself to ride with when he was on the west coast, although I must say he used to call me after your rides and rub it in. Just remember how much fun everyone had wih him and how he touched our lifes.

I have a good memory for you!! How about Tequila night when you video tapped him dancing and being a fool!!! We had many nights like that in the T-bone life!!

Talk to you soon Donny and keep those good memories coming!

6. JeebusX

JeebusX The Suomy Guy...

Dude, that's what I mean. That video is freekin' hilarious :up:
    Gotta go find that when I get home 2night.

7. gixxerjosh

You still owe me a copy of that video!!!

8. DDD570

DDD570 Guest

aweful......

prayers. :(

9. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Godspeed Cavan and condolences to the family.

10. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

:( God bless you Cavan...gone too soon!

Strength and wisdom to his family.

11. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

condolences and Godspeed.

Mike

12. Fredy

Fredy I need to loose weight!!

Godspeed!
    Prayers sent to Cavan and his Family

13. gixxerjosh

Today the reality has startd to set in. Lauren and I went to get some pictures duplicated and enlarged. Looking at the photos I realized how special the time we all spent together was. It finally hit me that Cavan wouldnt physically be there to appreciate the friendships and family that we have formed over the years. This broke my heart. I have often wondered what I will do without him. I can only try to understand how Lauren feels. This has truly been the hardest thing I have ever been through. The bond we shared, Doug, Eboz, Chip, Bryan, Cavan, Lauren and I, will never be duplicated or replaced. I thank God for giving me he opportunity to be a part of this wonderful group of people.

thank you all for your support and thank you all for being there for Lauren and all of us that have suffered from the loss of such a great family member and friend.

We love you Cavan and you will always be in our hearts and our lives. Godspeed

14. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

:(
    Josh,
    Give Lauren a big hug for me and let her know that I am thinking of her and send my deepest sympathy.
    Then, ask her to give you a big hug for me as well and I send condolences to you, family and friends at the same time.

I know you guys were very close. I'm sorry. :(

15. Umbrella girl #1

Umbrella girl #1 Well-Known Member

Josh and Lauren... What to say at a time like this. Cavan was a very special person and very lucky to have a friend like you and very special to have a girl friend like Lauren. I know that when I lost my dad it was so hard on me, but friends helped me get through it. I have a saying that I say to everyone that has lost someone special, when you here a bell ring you know that a angel got thier wings. Well I can tell you I heard a church bell last nite, now I know Cavan got his wings..... God speed and if you need a hug, here is a big one from the WERA family.......:)

16. JeebusX

JeebusX The Suomy Guy...

Josh,
    Give Lauren a big hug for me and let her know that I am thinking of her and send my deepest sympathy.
    Then, ask her to give you a big hug for me as well and I send condolences to you, family and friends at the same time.

I know you guys were very close. I'm sorry. :( [/B][/QUOTE]

+1

17. gixxerjosh

+1 [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks Donny. By the way Lauren recieved flowers from you and your family yesterday. They are beautiful. Thank you.

18. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

My condolences to Cavan's family and friends.

19. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

My deepest sympathies to Cavan's family and friends. I wish I knew of some way to help you in this time of goodbyes.

A donation in his honor has been sent to the Air Fence Fund.:(

20. gixxerjosh

I just wanted to thank all of again for the support and prayers. Tonight was the Visitation. Thank you to those of you that sent flowers and warm wishes to Lauren and family. I was overwhelmed when I was reading some of the cards and recognizing some WERA racers, staff and sponsors. You are wonderful people and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.