1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brakes or gas or leaning

Discussion in 'General' started by jigmoore, Nov 5, 2005.

?

which do you like the best?

1. brakes

24 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. gas

19 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. lean

65 vote(s)
    60.2%
  1. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

i've heard the same about grattan.

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

for PURE pucker factor fun, it has to be lean but on the brakes (sorry jig, i mucked up your poll). However this only applys when really pushing during a race especially after the tires have gone off just a bit say 3-4 laps in. THat is PURE fun. I dont get this feeling all the time, but when i do it is awesome. Big front feedback from little tucks but nothing major, total fun.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  3. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I think my favorite place to pass on the brakes is either into 5 at Barber, or into the 90's at Tally. But, my all-time favorite braking zone is into the second part of the right at Barber that tightens up (before the left onto the front straight).

It's not a hard braking zone, but if you get both parts of that turn right, you can mug _alot_ of people there...and even when you're alone there it's very satisfying to get it right.

4. TRUBL MKR

TRUBL MKR Active Member

I'm just a spectator, but I voted for leaning...because it looks really cool! Next would be the gas...because watching everyone speed up after the turns is the second most entertaining! Watching crashes is cool too! "Safe, nobody hurt, crashes"

5. skeesm

skeesm Well-Known Member

Its T14, but I agree...

Nope its turn 14, 14A where Pit Exit is.

http://www.barbermotorsports.com/trackgeometry.pdf

But after September and al little coaching from Jeff W I am beginning to understand what you're talking about. That can be a wicked fast turn if you've got the trust in the tires and the guts to keep it rolled on and then firmly on the brakes. I'm not there, but I'm getting there...

6. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Turn 5 at Barber is fun.

So is T4( The Bowl) at Tally when going counter clockwise