1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where not to get a root canal

Discussion in 'General' started by Mitch, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Mitch

Mitch MV Persistence

The land of the rising ball of hellfire.

Just because this is the largest pool of knowledge anywhere, I thought I would inform you all that you should never, under any circumstances whatsoever, get a root canal in Japan. [rant] I'm on my 4th of 9 appointments to get it done, and I swear to all your supreme beings that I almost killed this fookin dentist today. I've never met a less skilled nerve canal filer in all my days of having nerve canals filed. If you're going to break a tooth, don't do it while your enojying sushi on this POS, volcanic, earthquake laden, pile of rock that should have been eaten by the pacific about 200 years ago. I'm buying a ticket home to get this shit over with. I don't have another month to wait for a friggin tooth. my "happy place" to go while he filed away without novacaine, was me sliding down the front straight at Beaverun at about a buck twenty, having my left hand chewed through, and a few ribs cracked under the weight of my R6. Good times by comparison. Hell, I've enjoyed highsides waaaaay more than this. [/rant]

just trying to keep ya'll in the know. now ya know.

2. Mitch

Mitch MV Persistence

I should add that my US root canal took one appointment, about 30 minutes, and was completely painless. Plus I got a bling gold tooth. this fucker's gonna give me a plastic pile of shit. resin, shmesin. :down:

3. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

:( This has to be a bad omen...

i took a fastball in the teeth back in college,,, had 4 rootcannals to fix that...

now, out of nowhere yesterday... im eating some chincken fingers...

and feel half the tooth just fall out of my head... The tooth has had a filling done by the HACK strip mall dentist a while back, so i cant say im not surprized... im just sick of my dental bill payment being twice my truck payment. :(

4. Mitch

Mitch MV Persistence

dude, just be happy you're in PA. I bet those hacks at the mall beat the little fucker I had butcher me tonight. I'd like very much to kill that little asshole.

5. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i have been through some horrific ones as well - but yours doesnt sound to fun at all - good luck!

6. Mitch

Mitch MV Persistence

its 1146pm, 5 hours after my last appointment, and my whole head feels like its on fire.

7. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

Move to pennsylvania... i'll give u a place to crash for a while.

i know a great endodontist!

8. Liar Liar

Liar Liar what did you say?

Words to live by...........find a phillipino female dentist with small hands :D

Root canal.......and no mouth stretch:up:

9. TRUBL MKR

TRUBL MKR Active Member

I have never experienced the pain of a root canal before, but I worked at a dentist office part time and had to assist the dentist when we was giving someone a root canal, (in an emergency situation) and it doesn't look like too much fun at all!

I hope your feeling better soon! Just keep up on those good drugs they give you!:wow:

10. oldguy

oldguy NC novice old dude

Shit Mitch that sucks. I had one this afternoon at 3:35 and was back to work at 4:30. Had one 800mg Ibuprofin and didn't really need that. I'm saving the rest of them for my next crash.
    Grab the little bastard in the nuts and tell him you aren't going to hurt each other, are ya?
    Sorry for your pain......... shit always happens at the wrong time. My tooth broke in half last Friday night, just about 8 hours before I was getting up to drive to Jennings. I went anyway and just drank beer instead of eating. Worked like a champ. Called today and got a cancellation. I guess PA is good for some things.

11. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Worst of all, I bet the bastid dentist rides a H*nda too.... :mad:

12. Mitch

Mitch MV Persistence

You've never been sick in Japan. There are no drugs. He didn't even shoot with me novacaine. This country is so damn "safe" that there is nothing over the counter that is anything more than a placebo. I can't even find a friggin decongestant for a cold! I'm surviving right now on the Advil I brought from home. 1000mg at a time seems to keep the pain at a tolerable level, but I'd still rather highside once a minute than deal with this.

13. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Mitch, sorry to hear the bad news. This totaly sucks. I've heard bad stories about Japanese medicine since Kenny Roberts crashed while testing in the 1970s, IIRC, and would have been paralyzed if he had stayed there.