1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Backup Honeymoon Ideas!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Oct 20, 2005.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I'm getting married Saturday, We have a flight down to Miami Sunday October 23rd, exactly when the hurricane is supposed to hit and we have a 4 night cruise booked for the Bahamas.

What am I supposed to do now the hurricane is supposed to hit exactly when we are flying down there? :confused: :mad:

Any Ideas? Something not too expensive?

I'm taking my vacation time whether we fly down to Florida or not.

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I know most people don't consider it a "honeymoon" spot, but from what I have heard an Alskan cruise is absolutely gorgeous. Yeah I know it's cold but you can always do a second honeymoon...

Congrats BTW :up:

3. CMatt026

CMatt026 Duct Tape Monster got me

Try booking a cruise in Hawaii. Sometimes you can get really good deals when you book last minute.
    Good Luck! I hope all goes well for you!!!!

4. grasshopper

Thanks for the ideas guys, but the later are all very expensive.

Vegas :Puke: I'll spend our life savings there!

A flight to Hawaii is not Cheap at all and neither is a flight to Alaska. I've been to Alaska a few times and it is beautiful. Not much sun light up there rite now.

Any other ideas?

5. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Turkish GP?? :D

6. grasshopper

She loves motorcycles, does track days herself, but I'm thinking a round trip ticket to Turkey wouldn't be cheap either. :up:

7. CMatt026

CMatt026 Duct Tape Monster got me

How about going to Cali? Rent a beach house?

8. Vintage Red

Vintage Red Well-Known Member

Great Smokey Mountains - Gatlinburg, Tennessee ... have several "honeymoon" cottages and deals, and the leaves should be changing (although I am not sure how pretty they are this year) - Dale and I honeymooned there 19 hears ago this November 1st, and it was beautiful! - Jill

9. DDD570

DDD570 Guest

www.travelbyjen.com

i'm headed to punta can tomorrow, and it's cheap too. (if you live near a departure area)

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You might want to try Bridgeport, as in 35th and Shields;)

11. TJ

TJ Livin in a bubble

Mackinac Island Michigan......color change will be gorgeous....most of the tourists will be gone for the season (They shut down the first week in November)

12. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

gary, indiana has......well......it has......ummm.....well.....it's cheap.

13. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Hawaii

Europe (Paris)

New York City

San Fran

14. SRC

SRC Member

15. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Book a 5 star hotel downtown Chicago, eat at nice places, carriage rides, walk along the lake, picnic stuff........save your travel expenses and spend it on accomidations.

Or Gary might work...........

cheap accomidations including bars on windows, plenty of "friendly" people standing on the corners to help you out.

:beer:

16. grasshopper

I love the responses! Good stuff, GARY SOUNDS GREAT!!!! The beautiful boarded up windows, the extravegant Crime Rate, the lovely hookers, all the liquor stores in the world!!!

Thanks alot guys! :beer:

On a serious note, we are going to wait until 24 hours before the cruize and see what happens with the storm. If the cruise is cancelled, we'll change our plane tickets to either Arizona or New Mexico and rent a couple bikes, sleep at some cheep motels and put on 1000 miles in the nice warm sun! :cool:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cheap motel and the shocker - what more do you need on a honeymoon?

18. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Suck to hear about you Honeymoon, but at least you wer'nt there already.
    My brother just spent 2 days trying to get back early from his honeymoon down there. He's back in CT now.

The one thing that is cool about it though, is the fact that he's in today's paper. Mentioned as sitting in the airport downing Coronas w/ his new bride and waiting for a flight.:beer:

19. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

i would strongly recommend a corner room in the swissotel in downtown chicago. cool as hell panoramic view...get as high up as available and the corner that views the wrigley building.

walking distance to navy pier, michigan ave, magnificent mile, etc.

it's about $120 a night.....definitely a bargain for the accomodations.